HOG BAIT RECIPES

Gilligan

HOG BAIT RECIPES

Post by Gilligan »

I hunt North Central Texas feral and Russian Bore every chance I get. I have tried Hog-Wild and sour-grain bait. I have learned by experimenting that strawberry jello powder (2 boxes) poured over about 25 lbs. of corn and about 1 gallon water on top works best. Bury 2 or 3 ft. deep. After the first time you notice they dug it up or tried to, set up there the next afternoon, Wind in your favor of course! Does anyone else have a homemade Hog Bait Recipe?
Boar

Post by Boar »

I've heard rasberry jello but whats worked best for me is corn with some desil in it
reddog
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

hog bait

Post by reddog »

use hog wild 1 pkge, one pound brown sugar corn in a 5 gallon bucket and a bottle 2 liter of big red soda. mix every thing in bucket exclude the big red dig a two x two hole in the morning and when you are really to put into hole mix in the big red. hunt the bait that evening and bang. fresh bacon
Blindcasting
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Blindcasting »

Rasberry has worked best for me too....just pour some on some corn on the ground and maybe a little on the trees around the area to get a little more of it into the wind.
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

I've had good luck with the jello....

Post by Animal Chris »

but I have found that after you bury the corn, and the ground is not too hard, and break the ground in several spots around it. The smell of freshly broken ground seem to work well also.
Castanate

Post by Castanate »

i have found that if you mix 24oz of beer(not your favorite of coure) with milo(maze) and one of the packets of yeast works well. i usually let it sit in a closed 5 gallon bucket in the sun for a few days then bury it in multiple locations and enjoy the shootin.
Castanate

Post by Castanate »

i have found that if you mix 24oz of beer(not your favorite of coure) with milo(maze) and one of the packets of yeast works well. i usually let it sit in a closed 5 gallon bucket in the sun for a few days then bury it in multiple locations and enjoy the shootin.
Yak-a-lou

Post by Yak-a-lou »

I just tie that fat sow that gave birth to my children to a tree. That sow!