HIP certification

Mellon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

HIP certification

Post by Mellon »

Well, ya learn something every day. I was planning to go to Wally World and get my combo license today and beat the end of the month rush.
Glad I read the Tompkin's article in the Chronicle.
It is the hunter's responsibility to have the HIP (Harvest Information Program) certification on their license, even though the retailer does all the work and we just answer the questions.
I can imagine some harried clerk with a bad day behind him and a long line of customers in front of him ignoring the HIP prompt on his computer.
Make sure you get it if you plan to hunt dove, ducks or geese.
paddling john

HIP?

Post by paddling john »

What the heck HIP? Is this another course that I as an adult must take so that the STATE can brain wash me somemore?
John
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

John-
HIP is just a harvest questionaire that they are required to file when they issue us our new license for the year.
I can usually remember it approximately in my head.
How many times did I go dove hunting? How well did I do?
How many times did I go duck hunting? How well did I do?
They submit the answers via computer when they register you for the new license.
Mellon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Mellon »

Got my super combo yesterday. Evidently, the state already had me listed as certified, because the prompt wouldn't come up for the clerk. He printed the license and sure enough, it said HIP certified.
Now if only my daughters said I was hip...
popeye

Post by popeye »

Ok yall got me looking at mine, It says HIP Certification Required.So now what is going to happen when I'm standing in a field with a bag full of doves( hopefully) and the game warden pulls up. man I just can't Keep up with all this anymore!!! What ever happened to grabbing your Ted Williams Signature Shot gun and Stopping at Whites to pick up a box of shells and a $6.00 License. O yea ,got to get some pork rinds from the Mightymart for when the hunting is slow. Now it's Standing in line at wallmart to buy $100.00 License to Shoot a $1000.00 shotgun only at certain Birds and only on certain days. And to top all that off My Doctor says I Can't eat Pork rinds anymore!!
Hook'em
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Hook'em »

Apparently you don not have to re-certify every year. Mine was OK from last year. How accurate to you think this system is anyway?

Question: How many dove did you harvest last year?
Answer: Err...bout 100 maybe more.

Q: How many times did you hunt?
A: What ever 100 divided by the daily bag limit would be.

Seems a little flawed. Just like when scientists were baffled by the statistics showing that men have sex more often than women. The follow-up study confirmed that both sexes lie - men skew the numbers up and women down, by approximately the same degree.