TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Would you shoot bigfoot?

yes
42%
no
58%
By ThePopinCorkKid
Chief Brody wrote:I've thought about this quite a bit actually.

My plan is to hire a guide in South Texas to help me catch a chupacabra, then I'm going to train "Chupa" as a pointer to help me find bigfoot. As long as the beast is over the legal limit, I'm shooting him. Not for the fame, or even for the fur. I just need his backstrap.

It's a very well known fact that the ideal bait for catching the Loch Ness Monster is fresh bigfoot backstrap. And yes, I'm doing it in my yak.

I recommend at least 30 lb braid for ol Loch Ness
By ThePopinCorkKid
Cuervo Jones wrote:This is it. 2016 is the year I'm bring in' in a 'Foot. You heard it here first, folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get my cast net, you bring some sweet potatoes. We'll get him in no time
By kayak_owner
I will shot him in a legs so I won't kill him and I will keep him alive , so everyone can get prove that I was the one who find and cought him. If you find big foot your name will be added to history. You will be a legend.
By Montana Ranches
Interestingly enough, this topic came up a few years back about an incident with someone dressing up as bigfoot.
You can read the article here:
SASQUATCH STUNT TAKES A TRAGIC TURN ON HIGHWAY

In case you don't want to read the article, a man dressed in a ghillie suit attempted to start a Bigfoot hoax near Kalispell, Montana. He stepped into traffic and was not seen by two drivers who struck him. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

My answer to whether or not I'd kill Bigfoot is a definitive "No." My fear would be of mistaken identity. There are too many things in this world that could possibly be mistaken as appearing to be Bigfoot. I look at a number of Montana hunting ranches for sale which have great wildlife density. Sometimes when we are exploring the property we stumble upon wildlife which ranges from elk and deer to bears and the rancher's cattle. Sometimes these animals see us before we see them and we only see a glimpse of them before they are gone. It would be very easy to mistake the rear end of a black bear for a Bigfoot if you caught it out of the corner of your eye. The last thing I would want to see is one of these animals being killed out of season because someone thought it was a "Bigfoot".

Just as in the article, there are also too many stupid people who do things impulsively without thinking about the consequences of their actions. People dress up as Bigfoot to scare others which is very dangerous. Even if Bigfoot was real I would be too concerned about "killing it" and finding out that it was just a person pretending to be Bigfoot. This mistaken identity aspect would prevent me from killing or wanting to kill Bigfoot no matter how much fame and notoriety I would get for doing so.
By Rsparrow
Proving that many accidents happen with alcohol and "Hey, watch this!".

No, would not shoot Bigfoot.... unless he gets chesty with me.....
WTB Hobie Outback

PM sent

WTB: Malibu eXtreme

Looking for an old Malibu eXtreme if anybody has a[…]

I've been trying to get in touch with you ! Call m[…]

One of the many reasons that I don't fish canal l[…]