What do we think for the 25th??

Jawz529

What do we think for the 25th??

Post by Jawz529 »

OK , looks like we may miss the bad stuff but i hear alot about heavy winds from the low vs high deal. I just want everyone who is going to get on board and start posting thier comments. But im thinking we will be ok for a go on this event.

I think in the bay we will be ok but im going to wait till tues to kinda make the call.( but as in the past hurricanes do what they want and not what we think they will do)

If we have to pospone when?? i will be out of town on the 7-9 and i think that works for alot of people who work every other weekend. so we can plan it for the following sat if we have to. I really dont want to but if we must, then we can.

Post feelings, ect. I hope this does not affect anyone who has contributed any funds , and i hope it all goes off without a hitch.

Jeff Wood
Backlasher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Backlasher »

I'll be there. We may have higher than normal tides but I think that's all.
Backlasher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Backlasher »

For those who are wondering WHAT event on August 25 he's talking about, please see this link:

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... hp?t=72536
Jawz529

Post by Jawz529 »

Well it looks like it is a go for the 25th,, i will be there at 4am Who is as excited as i am to have so many TKF guys all in one place for such a worthy cause. I have been amping myself up for this for way too long. I am ready to go,, Got batteries charged, both cameras charged and ready. Im going to try to get a seperate vid cam as well. Who all else has a digital cam/vid recorder? If you bring it please send me everything video related that you take. Or ill just bring a labtop and rip the info to it there. (if you bring your usb cords lol)

Thanks to all and i will be buying some chicken and burgers for about 20. I think with every one else bringing in stuff that should be plenty.

Also for those of you bringing in kids,, i have a Bonzia water fall slide. Let me know if you want me to bring it for the kids. Hopefully we have a water spiket. I will bring a small hose too if you guys want. My kids love it. (they are 2 and 4). It will hold up to 190lbs9 (me lol) but recomended for ages like 15 and under. It stands about 8 feet high and has a slide to a small pool of water about 3-5 inches deep.

SEE YOU ALL THERE.
Sharkn' Larry
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

25Th?????????????????????????????/

Post by Sharkn' Larry »

Me and my wife are coming for sure. We are bringing sodas, water and drinks for the kids. It is finally almost here. :D
TexasDiver

Post by TexasDiver »

still in my plans. been working every night for last 2 weeks, looking forward to this get together, have we figured out just how many will attend? the number will decide which pit I'll bring
fish Drill Team

August 25th at SLP

Post by fish Drill Team »

I've been looking at a lot of the messages regarding the gathering at SLP. What are the overall plans? Time to eat? Time for fishing? My wife and kids (7, 5, 3) will be joining me later in the day - bring water slide! My minister may join us - he loves fishing and would like to try several different kayaks. My brother will join us as well as some folks from work. So, what should we bring? What's lacking?
fish Drill Team

August 25th at SLP

Post by fish Drill Team »

I've been looking at a lot of the messages regarding the gathering at SLP. What are the overall plans? Time to eat? Time for fishing? My wife and kids (7, 5, 3) will be joining me later in the day - bring water slide! My minister may join us - he loves fishing and would like to try several different kayaks. My brother will join us as well as some folks from work. So, what should we bring? What's lacking?
TexasDiver

Re: August 25th at SLP

Post by TexasDiver »

fish Drill Team wrote:I've been looking at a lot of the messages regarding the gathering at SLP. What are the overall plans? Time to eat? Time for fishing? My wife and kids (7, 5, 3) will be joining me later in the day - bring water slide! My minister may join us - he loves fishing and would like to try several different kayaks. My brother will join us as well as some folks from work. So, what should we bring? What's lacking?
try this link it should give you an idea on what to bring,

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... hp?t=72536

I'll have a little extra with me, not sure what, maybe just hot dogs and burgers, if pit can't handle all at once then we'll do 2nd & 3rds :wink:
should be a good crowd I think some PACK members are coming over
after their tourny on xmas.your minister is welcome to try my t-140 as I'll probably be busy on the pit after I get off the water
I'm planning on being there well before sun-up to set up and try to get a few cast in also I think Jeff said that he was showing up pretty early,so show up early and stay late
Jawz529

Post by Jawz529 »

Hell ya i am so ready for this. You guys are great for doing so much. This will be a Great way to celebrate the life of my brother who also loved this sport so much.

I will bring the water slide and hose, also heavy duty cord with a 4 gang outlet if anything else needs plugged in. If we dont have wter outlet there they can use it as a air up slide. Have fun kids!!!!

As to everyone else, quit your job, get up early Ill be there at 6am. I am leaving here at 4am with 2 kayaks and a friend. Mike (lloyds good friend) will be right there with us toting his.

By the way, if anyone had TFK stickers, ill buy 2 there or just order them later. But ill post one up on the truck and Yak. Time to join the team!

:)

Jeff
Sharkn' Larry
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Sharkn' Larry »

I have a couple you can have. I will be in a black dodge with a pelican yak. I plan on fishing at ernies sat. morning so maybe i can find you. I'll put them in the tackle box right now.
kayak72

Post by kayak72 »

Jeff,

I will be bringing a large amount of paper towels, hand wipes etc. Whatever I think we all will need on that end. Should be a great time. My brother and his wife will also be going.................

Mike
TexasDiver

Post by TexasDiver »

Sharky wrote:I have a couple you can have. I will be in a black dodge with a pelican yak. I plan on fishing at ernies sat. morning so maybe i can find you. I'll put them in the tackle box right now.
gonna be crowded over there sat. morning unless your fishing in the PACK tourny. might wanna try another spot.
Sharkn' Larry
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Sharkn' Larry »

Thanks for the heads up. Might slip over to drum bay or just fish the flats behind the pass. I had no idea about the PACK tourny. :?
TexasDiver

Post by TexasDiver »

Sharky wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Might slip over to drum bay or just fish the flats behind the pass. I had no idea about the PACK tourny. :?
we'll be at the pavillion at SLP on sat. lots of good fishin round there, also gonna have some good grub, come on over and join us
Sharkn' Larry
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Sharkn' Larry »

Sounds good to me. Look forward to it. :D
Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

It isn't a PACK tournament. It's just a regular monthly outing. PACK usually has a day trip and a camping trip each month.

PACK (Paddling Anglers in Canoes & Kayaks) is a great organization, and you don't have to become a PACK member to go along on the outings. The outings are planned for the entire calendar year. If you'd be interested in seeing the plans for some of these outings, go to "packtx.org" and go to the EVENTS section.

I look forward to meeting some folks at the memorial BBQ on Saturday.

Mrs. B
Sharkn' Larry
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Sharkn' Larry »

Well that is really cool. Thanks Mrs.B for the link. I look forward to meeting everyone too. See ya there. God Bless.
Shelby

Post by Shelby »

Hello everyone,

I have been thinking this over and over for awile now and have finally decided that I just can not do this. I am sorry that I will not be there to meet all of you. This is such a wonderful tribute to Lloyd and I can speak for the whole family when i say Thank you so much..

This has been a really hard decision for me to make. :cry: I love the water and I love the beach. But I am afraid that I will not be able to look at the water for some time yet. If this get together were anywhere else but at the beach with a bunch of kayaks maybe it would be a different story. He left us too early and he left doing what he loved to do and that was fish and kayak. I am honored that he will be remembered in this way.

You all are a great bunch of people and you truly look out for each other. I have been reading over other postings and I noticed how tight your group is. That is a wonderful thing. I hope that one day soon we can all meet. But unfortunately I think for me it is too soon....

You all have a safe and wonderful time. I will give my brother Jeff the buns, ketchup, mustard, mayo etc tonight to take with him. Mrs. B thank you so much for helping organize this, Donor, thank you for your generosity. And to everyone else thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope to see pictures and hear great stories when Jeff gets back.

Shelby Kilduff
sister or Lloyd Wood

kilduffsemail@gmail.com
you can also find us on MySpace listed under Kilduffspage or just search for Shelby Kilduff.
Sharkn' Larry
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Sharkn' Larry »

I support you 100%. Keep your head up and my wife and I will keep you in our prayers along with the rest of your family. God Bless.
Jawz529

Post by Jawz529 »

To all,

This gathering is in memory of my brother, Lloyd Wood, who died doing what he loved...fishing and kayaking. I will like everyone to feel welcome to attend this event in his memory. The only thing I ask is to please wear your PFD (Life Jacket).

I have marinaded 10 lbs of chicken wings in a special spanish sauce I learned in Miami (my hometown). I also have burgers. Many people have donated food, time, money not to mention given their time and prayers for this event to happen. I am trully looking forward to it, even though I am not sure if I will be able fish. I will however be out there recording everything.

Most importantly, I will also be spreading some of my brothers ashes at 1:00 PM. I will like to this alone, but everyone is welcome to watch.....and Mike if you are reading this, I would like you to go out with me.

Thanks to all that have done so much to make this happen....maybe some day I will be able to repay half of what you are doing for my family.

See you all at 6 AM

Your new TKF member,

Jeff