Help with a Sticky Rudder

YellowDog

Help with a Sticky Rudder

Post by YellowDog »

Does anyone have any advice for fixing a sticking rudder on a T160? The problem doesn't seem to be with the foot pedals--and after looking inside, I can't see anything the cable is hung up on. Any advice would be appreciated.
Newt
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Sticking Rudder

Post by Newt »

PUll your pedals back to creat slack in the cables. Move the rudder. Does it turn freely? Attack the problem in parts, not as a whole. Most of the time it's dirt/trash in the pedal tracks. Try washing them out real good & apply a little silicone. There's really not a whole lot to bind except the pedals.
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

YellowDog
The only suggestion I would have is to try and isolate the place the rudder is sticking. I'd disconnect the cables from the moving track and slide the tracks a few times to verify it's not sticking there. If that proved good, then I'd try operating the rudder by pulling on the cables one at a time. If the problem isn't with the cables, it's got to be in the rudder pivot shaft.
If I had to guess what the problem was it would be that one or both of the tracks are dragging or one of the cable fasting screws has backed out a little and is dragging in the track.
I had a similar problem on my Ride's rudder, and it was one of the screws had backed out.
YellowDog

Post by YellowDog »

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Sorry about the second post--my finger must have gone off without me knowing about it.