(pic) Fish report LHL, B&R, South Bay

Lefty Ray
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

(pic) Fish report LHL, B&R, South Bay

Post by Lefty Ray »

Instability from the weather has really made it challenging with a fly rod these last few days. Dodging rain, accommodating a north wind, and then high water from the hurricane/tropical storm made it real interesting. One good thing was that the green water was pushed in all the way down both sides of Hwy 361 (Kayak Highway). When the sun would pop out the color changes (water depth) were very easy to see. Although the reds were smaller this time, the specs got bigger, and the flounder were real big. Another Grand Slam was recorded (spec, red, flounder) as well as an Aransas Slam (perch, croaker, HARDHEAD!). Both on flies.

More at http://www.leftyray.com/fishreport.htm

Can you indentify the mystery guest riding in the front seat?
Image[/url]
Clip

Mystery Guest

Post by Clip »

Is this David Sykes from the Caller Times?

How difficult is it to get an Aransas Slam? What flies work best? I would like to catch the state record hardhead on a fly. If you would just advise me, I would give you credit on the engraving I would put on the mounted trophy and contact the Express News and Caller Times to publicize the help you gave me.

Thanks in advance,
M-D
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: No Matter Where I Go, There I Am. No Matter Where I've Been, There I Was. It's A Vicious Cycle.

Post by M-D »

Regarding hardheads: Sounds like it's time to pull out that Catfish Charlie fly. :twisted:

M-D