Lost my fishing license.

isubarui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by isubarui »

I am not saying that you dont need your liscense but why waste everyones trouble if they can verify it instead of giving you a ticket which you will later have to take care of or go to court over.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

isubarui wrote:I am not saying that you dont need your liscense but why waste everyones trouble if they can verify it instead of giving you a ticket which you will later have to take care of or go to court over.

This is the long road to get to this point. But here you go.

Game warden stops redneck-x at the local fishing hole. Redneck-x does not have his fishing Lics, but says he left them at the house. So game warden proceeds to call in his DL. Game warden finds out with the call in that Redneck-x has a warrent out for his arrest, and it spefiys must detain. So game warden calls local sheriff, but they say it will be a few hours before they can make it out . Game warden is then forced to haul redneck-x in himself.

While Game warden is hauling in Redneck-x, illegals-y stop by the local fishing hole and run a few gill nets. By this time game warden is in the middle of booking Redneck-x. Game warden finds out that the warrent for Redneck-x is over unpaid parking tickets. No big deal game warden has done " His Job" to the book.

Few days later the game warden is at the local fishing hole again checking fishermen and doing his job. He gets a call from the local DA saying he has been summon to the court house on XX date and time. The date and time come around, it is Redneck-x fighting the warrent and parking tickets. Come to find out redneck-x had paid the tickets but they were never cleared. Game warden went to the court house, sit through a few trials before his came up, and it was dis-missed. During this time Illegals-y stop by again with there gill nets and proceed to catch fish.

TPWD paid game warden the whole time he was dealing with Redneck-x. So basicly the state has turned game wardens into cops, without paying TPWD for there time. Any ticket that a game warden writes that is not a violation of a game law. The funds go to the general fund, and no moeny is giving to TPWD for the time and effort for game warden.

I have no problem with wardens stopping people doing any type of crimes. But there is a large debate going on about game wardens doing more then they should outside of the game laws. This in fact takes away from the enforcement of the game laws, putting game wardens in court over traffic, domistic and other non releated game crimes. There is no easy answer, but the way they are doing it now is not working. LIke I said, they should not even call anyones DL in if they do not have there lics, just give them a ticket. This keeps game wardens working on game violations.
Tarpon Tamer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Tarpon Tamer »

Good post JR.

My wife interviewed for a position in the upcoming cadet class. I truly believe she would have earned a spot in the class had she not turned the opportunity down after the interview.

The GW who conducted the interview was very clear about what GW are expected to do these days and it just didn't seem to have the appeal that my wife was looking for. It seems that the GW are being spread too thin between non-wildlife related law enforcement and what they should be doing. They did a ton of work for Katrina victims and are now actively working the borders.

It's a tough job as it is (dumba$$ rednecks give'm way too much guff). Now they are placing more strain on the position. It sucks because I think it is otherwise a very worthwhile profession to pursue.
dwilliams35
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by dwilliams35 »

Well, can't anybody just give it the benefit of the doubt here? Sure, I screwed up and had the wrong license: I was lucky enough to have run into a warden that did me the favor of checking, which their system gives him the ability to do if he so desires. I appreciate the heck out of it. I was utterly "clean" otherwise, and left him no reason to think that I wasn't telling the truth; he put forth the extra effort to help a hunter that made an honest mistake, while also affording himself the opportunity to "firm up" the evidence against me if I wasn't telling the truth. Heck, it took him less time to call it in than it would have taken him to write a ticket. It's like some people here just can't grasp the concept that a GW and a hunter don't have to necessarily have an adversarial relationship. There's ways we can help them, and that one dang sure helped me.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

dwilliams35 wrote:Well, can't anybody just give it the benefit of the doubt here? Sure, I screwed up and had the wrong license: I was lucky enough to have run into a warden that did me the favor of checking, which their system gives him the ability to do if he so desires. I appreciate the heck out of it. I was utterly "clean" otherwise, and left him no reason to think that I wasn't telling the truth; he put forth the extra effort to help a hunter that made an honest mistake, while also affording himself the opportunity to "firm up" the evidence against me if I wasn't telling the truth. Heck, it took him less time to call it in than it would have taken him to write a ticket. It's like some people here just can't grasp the concept that a GW and a hunter don't have to necessarily have an adversarial relationship. There's ways we can help them, and that one dang sure helped me.

I am glad you did not get a ticket. Your story had nothing to do with me posting what I did. Just want people to see the other side of the coin and why people like myself disagree with certin things.

I am friends with many game wardens. My post echos what most all of them believe also. If they wanted to be cops, they would have become cops.
Tarpon Tamer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Tarpon Tamer »

Sorry...I realize my post kind of took away from the original post. I've forgotten my license a couple of times but have been fortunate enough to not get popped for it.

If I ever to get nailed, it's the GW's perogative to decide how to handle it. Hopefully I'll just stop forgetting and it won't take having to go through all that administrative BS to learn my lesson.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

Tarpon Tamer wrote:Sorry...I realize my post kind of took away from the original post. I've forgotten my license a couple of times but have been fortunate enough to not get popped for it.

No big deal, the poster got his answer then we hijakced the thread. Got to love winter time and fishing boards. :lol:
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

I keep mine and my wife's in my wallet. The wallet never gets left behind. :lol:
Gordo-wannafish

Post by Gordo-wannafish »

:horse: IMHO