hole in my kayak..

breakbuddy

hole in my kayak..

Post by breakbuddy »

any suggestions on how to locate (i know just fill it with water) and repair?
thanks,
-bb.
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

bb
If you find a leak, you can repair it with any of the following methods, depending on the severity of the leak (size of the hole).
Pin hole-clean with alcohol, rough up the surrounding area and apply Marine Goop, pushing it into the pinhole with your finger.
Hole- clean with alcohol, slightly countersink (both sides if possible) and fill hole with a high-temp glue gun. Let it cool a moment or two, and trim flush with a razor blade.
Big hole- clean with alcohol, slightly countersink (both sides if possible) and fill hole by Poly-welding it.
If it were anything larger than a pinhole, I'd take it back to the dealer and let them work it out with WS.
fish-o-matic

Hole in T120, Factory defect?

Post by fish-o-matic »

I was taking on water in my T120. I would have about 2 gallons after 3 or so hours. I could see no Vis. hole on the outside.

I filled my yak with water and watched it closely. I could still see no hole on the outside.

I started looking in the drain holes and noticed few drops of water. I put my hand into the access hole a pushed the inner wall of the tube/drain hole. The water was only leaking when the boat would flex. I found the wall of the drain tube to be very thin, almost paper thin. The water was weeping through the the pores in the plastic as the boat would flex. This seems to be a factory problem....I bought it used so there was no taking it back.

I sanded the suface area, cleaned it well and then caked it with hot glue.

My problem seems to be solved.

FYI, For those that have T120's you might want to check the drain hole for this problem. The longer holes seem to have thinner walls than the short walls......