Ter**on the water

cbkayak

Ter**on the water

Post by cbkayak »

Sorry guys if you see a strange floating fish around the lighthouse trails don't call TPW reporting a new species it was me. My 7year old flip her kayak and just about gave me a heart attack. But she was awsome she flip her own kayak over and held on till I got there. And of course when I was'nt looking she took off her pfd. So she was out there without and talking about adding to the terror. But thanks to the Good Lord we pulled out just fine. So take from me watch them little ones because they have a bad habit of taking off PFD. My little girl just broke that habit today. Hey her first words once we got to shore was "But Dad I did not want to lose my kayak. That just added to the tears that were already there. Take care guys Be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
flysoup

Kids and water

Post by flysoup »

cbkayak,
I know the feeling. Last week I had the three great grand kids on the river wading and fly fishing of course. As you can guess the fishing was slow and the weather warm. Kids and water do get together.
I was just abit taken when I looked and saw the 8 and 5 year old heading across the lowwater crossing for the deep water. My ol heart went to racing. Moved 20 pounds of artery sluge throught the ol veins. As the 5 year old slipped off into the deep water. Me with wading booties and in knee deep water went skipping in that direction.
I got to draw a deep breath as his head came up and he was laughing because he as slipped in the right direction(deeper water) the other way would have hurt hitting the rocks.
I did not know that he knew how to swim and was making fine time across the pool.
Yea it was a heart stopper....
Thanks for shairing yours with us. Bet she keep the PFD on from now on.
Did you get to try getting back on it deep water? It is a great drill for a hot day. Do in now and you will not have to learn it the hard way.
CBKAYAK

Oh yeah listen up

Post by CBKAYAK »

Watch em if all the old timers rember me best it was always BE SAFE1111111111111111111