As Saturday nears....

Flavio
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

As Saturday nears....

Post by Flavio »

the anticipation meter begins to rise and the equipement gets checked and rechecked for any wear and tear that might need fixing. Once Friday gets here, I can't wait to go to bed so the morning might come sooner. As I think of this, I can't help but remember when I was a little boy and my dad would take us fishing on the surf with him and his buddies. My earliest memory of fishing is beating my fat uncle to one of the rods that had hooked a fish. I vividly remember running as hard as I could with excitement to reel in the morning's catch. As I remember, it was a catfish and a small trout hooked on a double leader, but to a boy 5 or 6 yrs. old, they might as well have been whales. The pride that filled my chest as I ran back to tell my dad all about the struggle with the two monsters was enough to fill a room. It would have helped to have taken the fish off the hooks, but that was not important at the time. We didn't go fishing much after that and my dad stopped fishing all together. To this day I'm not sure why my dad stopped fishing. I guess he had better things to do. My desire for fishing didn't diminish as I would sneak out of school to go fishing in the nearest canal I could find. Don't tell anyone though. Now a days I wonder if we're born with that love of fishing stored somewhere in our brain or do just simply learn to love it as we experience it. I thank God for the opportunity I have to live in an area where the fishing is plentyful and in a country that values and conserves the resources. What are your first memories of the past time we so love on this board? :D