Need coaching about rooftop kayak rack

Hooked Up

Need coaching about rooftop kayak rack

Post by Hooked Up »

I just bought my first yak (a Drifter). I drive a Ford F-250 with a fiberglass shell on it. I would like to install a safe dependable rack on the shell. Where do I look? Does anyone have on for sale? Thanks and tightlines, Guy
CajunDude

Post by CajunDude »

You can't just put it in the bed of the truck? I have an F150 and put my T120 in the bed with the tailgate down. Two bungee cables and I'm off. On my recent vacation we put the kayak on the roof rack of our Expedition and that was kind of a pain to load and unload.
FLIES ONLY

Post by FLIES ONLY »

Yakima, though pricey has everything you would ever want in a roof rack. Check out there website. They can fit just about anything. I'm about to buy a new vehicle and it HAS to be able to hold my Yakima rack and both boats. The salesmen look at you kinda funny when whether you boats will fit up top is one of your main criteria to buying a car. Yakima has about 3 ways to mount the yak to the cross bars once you get them installed.
Good luck.
Newt
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Yakima Racks

Post by Newt »

I use the Yakima Roof Rack w/Mako Saddles on my 99 Ranger PU. With a camper shell, you might want to put Hully Rollers on the back. For good prices on Yakima Products see: http://www.ageebike.com/yakima.htm
kc kulhanek

Post by kc kulhanek »

Go with Yakima. I also drive an F-250 and I put my dad's 2 160 Tarpons on with no problem. You can get the pads or protective tape to attach to the inside of your doors so it doesn't scratch up your truck.