ROAD TRIP TO MARSH POINT!!

TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

ROAD TRIP TO MARSH POINT!!

Post by TKFStubb »

Planning a trip to Marsh point if anyone wants to hook up with Pencil and me. Friday Morning @ 5:30 am Lauderdale ramp. Trout and reds on the menu! :wink:
Mellon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Mellon »

I've been wanting to yak fish over there for a while now.
Q: would an old man in a slow Drifter slow you young speedsters down too much?
Hooch

Marsh Pt. Friday

Post by Hooch »

:) I was thinking about East Bay Myself. I'm not familiar with the launch site Lauderdale ramp. How do you get to it and which way do you go to get out which cut? Don't know if I'll make it by 5:30 but I'll be driving a green chevy Z71 extended cab with a black grill guard and paddling a sand colored (tan) Ride. Come on over and say hi if you see me and I'll do the same. What are you gonna be paddling?
pencil5757

Friday

Post by pencil5757 »

I'll be in a Black Silverado with a camo Pungo in back I have a long drive so I think I'm going down tomorrow after work and camp for the night.
LETS CATCH SOME FISH!!
Pencil
RKevinB

I was planning that same locale

Post by RKevinB »

for Friday morning. Where is the Lauderdale ramp though?
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Marsh Point, Friday

Post by TKFStubb »

Looks like we'll have a quorum. Gilchrist is the little village where Rollover Pass is. There is a True Value Hardware store about 2 blocks SW of the pass bridge. Turn N just SW of the TALL True Value Sign, and go to the end of the road. There is a ramp on your left...that's Lauderdale ramp...some call it the Yacht Basin Ramp. If you paddle across the ICW sorta NE you can round a point and then head almost due West to Marsh Point. There are numerous cuts, points, and shell, reefs that ALWAYS hold fish. Sometimes they hold HUNGRY fish. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it! I have to come off the water around noon to make it to work in the Woodlands by 6pm but y'all are welcome to "fish till the cows come home". See ya there! I'm in a white Expedition pulling the TKF trailer with 2 orange T120's on it. Friday, June 27th, 5:30am 8)
RKevinB

Meet you there

Post by RKevinB »

I'll be in a red explorer with a blue T160. I'll be with fly & conventional gear.
Flyfisher
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Don't hold your breath, but....

Post by Flyfisher »

....I may be able to make it. Isn't the first run of the Bolivar Ferry at 5:00 in the morning?
pencil5757

Friday

Post by pencil5757 »

I had a change of plans had a blow-out on the Silverado so I'll be in a red Z71 short wheelbase Chevy.
RKevinB

Change of plans myself...

Post by RKevinB »

I'll be in a green F-150
Flyfisher
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

ferry times

Post by Flyfisher »

The ferry web page says there is a ferry at 4:20 and then 5:30. I can't make the 4:20 so I will be looking for you on the water around 6:15. If the surf is good looking, I may try there first. I pull my yak on a trailer.
Flyfisher
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Weather

Post by Flyfisher »

Not good odds on clear weather tomorrow.
Mellon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Mellon »

No, the weather didn't look good, so I slept. Plus I wasted a hall pass on a night pier fish with some friends Wednesday night. Good company, no bites.
RKevinB

Weather wasn't great, still fishable

Post by RKevinB »

Had a great time.

Pencil, nice to meet you. Drove a long way to play in the wind.

Hooch, nice to meet you. I'm always in the Pasadena-LaPorte area, we'll have to fish again.

Stubb, great to meet you, too. Don't worry, our little secret of you not catching anything is safe with me. I won't tell a soul.
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Thanks, guys!

Post by TKFStubb »

I had a great time! And, Kevin, I'd already posted my fishless morning on the fishing reports board! But, thanks, anyway!
Y'all are a fun bunch. Let's do it again! :lol:
pencil5757

Wilderness fleet

Post by pencil5757 »

I had a great time guys I wold love to do it again, we looked like a floating advertizement for Wilderness Sys. maybe the pics will get posted.
But nobody said anything about the one Hooch caught trolling that was biger than the slot I know he said it would be old and tough but I swear he had a kind face. :D
Hooch

Lots of fun, Not many fish

Post by Hooch »

Nice to finally meet some TKF'ers. We'll do beter on the fish next time. I was too tired to clean fish anyway. Besides, I released my biggest catch to date. Hooked TKF Stubbs on a gold spoon while trolling. I'd have to guess he went about #200. Proly not worth a crap to eat. Tough as a boot.

Nice to meet you TKF Stubbs, Pencil, and Kevin. Lets do it again soon.
Kevin, I know some good spots on this side of the bay. We'll have to hit it after work soon.
Later,
Mike