SLP Saturday

breakbuddy

SLP Saturday

Post by breakbuddy »

For everyones amusement-

Buddies and I (camo Prism, blue Prism, and another I can't remember) started the day at SLP (put in at the RV Park) at around 7:30-8 after getting "misdirected" in Freeport. This was the omen of what turned out to be a long, long day.

Paddled toward Bird Island, ended up in Mud Island chasing mullets (keep in mind that I haven't been in Christmas Bay since back in 99-00?) buddies and I thought they were rat reds. Finally got out of the maze that is Mud Island and headed toward Christmas Point (yeah I know, but the on the map it looked so close, ended up being 8-10 miles round trip) fished for a bit with no luck until we decided to head back. After an exhausting paddle back ended up with one mullet (thrown back) and another jumping onto my kayak.

Was this worth it? I think so the scenery was beautiful and I don't ever remember the water being as green and as clear as it was. Lesson learned? that your friends can react so funny when a school of mullet start pummeling the side of their kayak (I almost fell off my boat laughing), i have got a hole in my kayak, and that sunscreen when properly applied can prevent sun burn to the feet, shins and knees.

Hope to see you out there next time,
-bb.

Now.. how to fix the hole in my boat.