strip built fishin kayak...for those who are interested

gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

strip built fishin kayak...for those who are interested

Post by gerald »

This weekend I'll join the hull and deck. After that I'll only lack bulkheads, fill coats, varnish and rigging. You can see more at www.texaspaddler.com. Click on the gallery.

Flyfisher
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Simply beautiful!

Post by Flyfisher »

A work of art! You should send pictures into one of the yaking or wood working magazines - it's good enough to make the cover.
Roostertail

Post by Roostertail »

Man that is one good lookin Yak, Much to nice to put in the water and scratch it all up on a reef!! :roll: :roll: Just strap it on top of your vehicle and use it to advertise your site.
Flavio
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flavio »

That's one suuueeet rig. That sucker is gonna move like nobody's business.
Peeshnuck

Nice Job Gerald!

Post by Peeshnuck »

Funny I was just wondering about you and your boat just today! Looking great! nice job!
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

Gerald,
..came out real pretty.. but I new it would 8)
you're gonna wish you put in the open cockpit on it like my Pamlico- it's not too late- gotta think stationwagon.. :D

on another note- Colin & Julie didn't finish the Safari in the super long stripper tandem. Did you get to see it at the start before they put it in the water :?: during the race- at Cottonseed :?:
I never did get to see it finished....
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

I saw several strip built boats...and a couple of S&G. I have some pictures on my site...I'm a poor excuse as a photographer...but....I might have a picture of that stripper. The whole thing was very interesting. I think something is wrong with me, though. I'm already thinking about a new S&G design for next year.... swede form, 18' long, 24" wide, fairly low freeboard, cockpit question still up in the air (the one on my stripper is 22" wide and 39" long...pretty big). I watched several boats fill up with water trying to run the chute on that first little dam. Ah...most important for me....weight at 35 pounds. My stripper is probably going to come in at the design weight of around 50 pounds. Now I've got to get out and work on some paddling technique. Ah...the dreams of old men....
popasan

Post by popasan »

Gerald, really nice lookin yak, a real work of art......there is a local guy here in Corpus that makes wooden yaks, but his does not compare to yours........here is a suggestion, take a pic, in fact take a bunch of pics as your putting it together and send them to wooden boat magazine or one of the others.......really, its that good......super job :lol:
boxybru

Post by boxybru »

Good job Gerald, I feel the same way are u really going to put that boat in the water :shock:
Mercy
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mercy »

Gerald....that is the prettiest thing I've ever seen!!!!!!!!! If I had one I'd hang it on the wall.....I'd be afraid to take it out!!! Really gorgeous....:)
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Gerald
Great job!!!!!!!!!!!