Cobia from my yak...almost

Capttravis

Cobia from my yak...almost

Post by Capttravis »

Alright long story short...i just moved back to texas from southern Cali where i was introduced to yakin in the surf chasing threshers and white sea bass and yellow tail...decided to launch in the surf here at the surfside jetties to pop my texas yakin cherry.
This was two sats ago...paddled around for nada pulling a rapala and live mullett. Hit the first buoy past the jetties and saw a fish up on the surfaced. Threw a curly tail grub on a calcutta 400 and he took it and i was hooked up. fougt him for about 30 or so minutes and got to the leader. Wrapped him up nd when i went to get him, i FLIPPED..... lostr my gaff, my tack;le box, my live well, and a couple beers and worst of all....i lost one big ass ling (probably 40 or so)...Any one else out there chasing fish in the surf???????????? anyhow, i learned a valuable lesson about tying my shit in my yak...good thing my rods were tied down..
Later oon
Travis
Fishing Elvis
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Fishing Elvis »

That sucks that you lost all of your gear, but hey at least you back in the great state of Texas. Welcome back and welcome to the board. What kind of yak are you fishin out of? Take it easy.
Hawk

Know how you feel

Post by Hawk »

Strong current vary vary tight spot and krashed luckly one rod lost.
Hawk