Anyone use an Activity/Fitness Monitor while paddling>?

TexasJim

Anyone use an Activity/Fitness Monitor while paddling>?

Post by TexasJim »

I was paddling my new-to-me kayak into the wind and waves for a 20-minute, 1-1/4 mile stretch, and when I got to a lee shore, I anchored and checked my pulse rate. It was 65 BPM, which surprised me, as I will turn 76 in 30 days. It got me wondering whether a fitness monitor would be a good investment? Do any of y'all use one? I see zillions from $10 to $500. I don't think I want one to communicate with my not-so-smart phone(Android), but what should I make sure I get for kayaking?

Thanks, TexasJim
2 Weight Willie

Re: RE: Anyone use an Activity/Fitness Monitor while paddling>?

Post by 2 Weight Willie »

TexasJim wrote:I was paddling my new-to-me kayak into the wind and waves for a 20-minute, 1-1/4 mile stretch, and when I got to a lee shore, I anchored and checked my pulse rate. It was 65 BPM, which surprised me, as I will turn 76 in 30 days. It got me wondering whether a fitness monitor would be a good investment? Do any of y'all use one? I see zillions from $10 to $500. I don't think I want one to communicate with my not-so-smart phone(Android), but what should I make sure I get for kayaking?

Thanks, TexasJim
I use a simple fitbit. However my father uses a more complex (and expensive) galaxy active 2. It works just fine with the androids. I am happy with my cheap fitbit though. Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk