Recommended Houston night fishing spots?

davehetfield

Recommended Houston night fishing spots?

Post by davehetfield »

Hi everyone, I really like the atmosphere when fishing at night. any safe parking / departure point recommendations or other areas to try out in the Texas City / Galveston / Freeport areas? It has not been long since I moved here and am looking to explore the area.
Thanks!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Recommended Houston night fishing spots?

Post by Dandydon »

Welcome to TKF!

My kayak group The Hobie Navy goes nightfishing when we can and the conditions allow. The underwater and surface lights we fish sometimes attract Trout, Redfish, and Sand Trout. Nighttime Flounder are rare. If you hook.an alligator gar, cut that ugly thing off your fishing line!

Our favorite launch spots are the baysides of Sea Isle, Pirates Beach, San Luis Pass public launch and a canal neighborhood on Bolivar Peninsula. We fish all those aforementioned lighted canals and have found the best fishing usually happens between midnight and first daylight.

If you want a quick live seminar on nightfishing, come join the Hobie Navy tonight, probably launching at the Sea Isle launch ramp around midnight. The last time there we all limited out on nice slot Redfish with a few legal Trout.

I shall be there with captains Shoffer and Watson. Yak Boi may join us as well.

Good luck in your nightfishing efforts.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Recommended Houston night fishing spots?

Post by kickingback »

Captain Don is spot on! Anytime you need someone to go with just post in here if you can't find anyone else. I used to go to the ramps at Tiki and Sea Isle and wait for anyone else to launch and usually join up or got to introduce myself. It's fun at night and I meat a lot of great people that fish nights as well. Something about them being calm and alert as you need to be in the dark at times! Good luck and see you out there when I get back on the water.