Lighthouse Trailst

Kalait

Re: Lighthouse Trailst

Post by Kalait »

Neumie wrote:
Kalait wrote:About to complete a couple of trails in my depth finder/GPS. What do you use to fish the area? And what is the best way to store it, thinking that may be part of my problem. Wanting to start catching something other than rocks, trees or other trash.
I'm not sure what it is exatl you are asking, but if your wanting lure recommendations.....

A small topwater such as a Spook Jr. or Rapala Skitterwalk in bone and pink. 1/4 oz weedless gold spoon. A shrimp, such as the DOA 3", for sight casting to reds. Paddle tail soft plastic lures with 1/16 oz jighead, color depends on clarity but plum/chartreuse, pumpkinseed/chartreuse, and chicken on a chain. Troutsupport Grass Walker in Bone Diamond and Chicken on a Chain.

Store hard baits in a plano tackle box and I keep soft plastics in their original packaging.

Fish go on a stringer until I reach a stopping point or lull in the action then I move them into a cheap soft sided cooler (from Walmart) with ice which I store in my front hatch.
Neumie, some how you guessed exactly what I wanted/needed as far as bait and lures. Hoping to do some fishing on the lighthouse lakes this summer. Know the site for the Tides and currents (https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/map/ ). Is there a site to watch waves and swells?