First Kayak demo

Rookie

First Kayak demo

Post by Rookie »

I had the priviledge to demo a Tarpon 120 with TKFStubb today. First off, TKFStubb is just one of those great guys that you can't say enough about. I really enjoyed paddling his Tarpon. This little boat surprised me with the room that it had, and all of the storage really seemed to be layed out right where I would have put it. The boat seemed to track well even tho my paddling was not that great. I stayed really dry but yet I felt like I was sitting low in the boat. I would like to paddle a longer boat now to compare my great experience to.

Thanks again TKFStubb you really made my day!!! Looks like I'm going to have to find a 120 somewhere.

Chris
NoBoat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by NoBoat »

Chris, Once I get a new hatch for my Ride - long story - I could meet you up at Lake Woodlands and let you paddle it.
Rookie

Post by Rookie »

TKFClay,

Thats sounds great... How do you like your Ride?
NoBoat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by NoBoat »

I really like it, of course I am a big guy. It has lots of room and is very stable. I've paddled lots of other yaks including the Tarpon 120 and Drifter. The Tarpon 120 is quiet and fast and the Drifter is like a barge - extremely stable but very wide. I like the Ride because it is stable but narrower than the Drifter. My suggestion is to try as many as possible and pick the one that you like the best.
JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Name change from "no boat" to "hatchless"

Post by JimD »

Clay,

What happened to the hatch?

Of course that could be another possibility for an handle.

Love the new board.
NoBoat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by NoBoat »

Well, I could blame Cyberyakker, but I won't. Let's just say that it wasn't secure when it was loaded and I drove back to Houston. I actually noticed about 10 miles away when I stopped to check everything. I traced my path back to the spot where I loaded it, but it must have taken off like a frisbee......
cyberyakker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by cyberyakker »

It was my fault... :cry: . Will you ever forgive me? Man I spent 20 min. trying to make my avatar sad, but it just won't stop smiling.