When Night Fishing – Look Up (edit 12/21 Invite!!!!)

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: When Night Fishing – Look Up (edit 12/14)

Post by Dandydon »

And after opening this celestial TKF thread, I dutifully went to my open field this morning about 2:30am to see some streaking GEMINID meteorites...

BOO HOO, it was so damn cloudy, you couldn't see a star, much less a meteorite! And yes, it was cold, too. So I went back to bed.

Sometimes Mother Nature doesn't cooperate with our pesky human plans... I'll be watching for those Ursids mentioned by my co-captain Shoffer. Image

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
2 Weight Willie

Re: RE: Re: When Night Fishing – Look Up (edit 12/14)

Post by 2 Weight Willie »

Dandydon wrote:And after opening this celestial TKF thread, I dutifully went to my open field this morning about 2:30am to see some streaking GEMINID meteorites...

BOO HOO, it was so damn cloudy, you couldn't see a star, much less a meteorite! And yes, it was cold, too. So I went back to bed.

Sometimes Mother Nature doesn't cooperate with our pesky human plans... I'll be watching for those Ursids mentioned by my co-captain Shoffer. Image

Lmao! Poor you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
YakRunabout

Re: When Night Fishing – Look Up (edit 12/21 Invite!!!!)

Post by YakRunabout »

The Invite - :dance:

I am planning to launch at the old fat boys ramp just north of Tiki Island in the late afternoon on Monday, December 21. Planning to view the Jupiter/Saturn pair a bit after sunset.
Then continue on and fish the lights at Tiki.
I will be in a yellow PA-14 with 3 flags on the pole. My radio will be on channel 69.

The weather looks good, temps on either side of 60, wind at 5 or 6 from the south, partly cloudy. An incoming tide from 4 - midnight of about 3/4', so should be some water movement. There is a solunar bite window from 6:30 - 8:30 PM due to the moon up (about a 1/4 moon)

Come on out - anyone who can make it!!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks for the INVITE, YakRun.

The Christmas season tends to keep some off the water for holiday gatherings, but this damn Covid-19 pandemic has changed the game.

I'm noticing that most folks are hunkering down at home. Covid has sadly hurt my social and fishing activities.

If you can convince Capt. Shoffer to go with you tomorrow, then maybe you'll have two fishing attorneys as company. As Ron pointed out, I like fishing with fellow anglers.

YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

DD - You are correct about this being a busy time of year to get out. I am sort of squeezing it in!!
I do not plan to be out too long, too much to do Tuesday on. But will be out through the solunar bite at least, then see what the action is like!
See you there if you are able to get out.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

If I cannot join in, please entertain us with a fishing report. Me, I dislike launching at Fat Boy's, but enjoy yak-fishing TIKI and the Causeway when winds permit. Good strategy to fish it daytime and night, especially slotting a solunar period. Good luck.

Soon the venerable Hobie Navy will attack the water and post our reports. This website used to see 3 reports a day, dang nabit! Don't get me started.Image

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Men, probably a good idea to stay off the baywaters tonight. Galveston winds predicted N 30 mph around midnight, temperatures in the 40s.

I'll schedule my final 2020 trip for one of the days between Christmas and New Years' Day.

Let me know who wants to join Watson and me for that upcoming trip. We should go out with a BANG, not a whimper... Image

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

I cannot make it Don but thank you for the invite! I will be fishing next year for sure. Good luck Sir! :clap: