Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay, Freeport TX and One Rod One Lure Challange

TX All Water Fishing

Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay, Freeport TX and One Rod One Lure Challange

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

I fished Christmas Bay and decided to do a one lure challenge with a local lure company called Backwater Predator out of Northwest Houston. They don't even have a website yet just order them through Instagram. This garlic scent is so strong almost unbearable, it's baked into the plastic so it doesn't come off- but the lure has quickly become one of my favorites because they are so effective. And no I am not a partner or affiliated with the company, they rival the gulp. The smaller marshes around Church Hill Bayou didn't produce a lot of fish just a few dinks but Church Hill Bayou was holding some slot speckled trout. My go to color in the bayou is pink and they hammered the pink grub lure so hard. Every fish felt at least 3-5 inches bigger because that scent is so attractive. The Rod & Reel I was using is a KastKing Sharky lll spinning reel and their Speed Demon Pro Rod with their 15lb braided line
CLICK LINK for VIDEO
https://youtu.be/WYrSNduV5Aw
Attachments
Thumb.jpg
Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay  One Rod One Lure Challenge_Moment17 A.jpg
Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay  One Rod One Lure Challenge_Moment18 A.jpg
mwatson71

Re: Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay, Freeport TX and One Rod One Lure Challange

Post by mwatson71 »

Thanks for the report and information on the new lure.
mwatson71

Re: Kayak Fishing Christmas Bay, Freeport TX and One Rod One Lure Challange

Post by mwatson71 »

How can I get in on a One Rod, One Lure Challenge with you? I'd like to do a head-to-head at Churchill using a Vudu Shad slicked with Procure against your garlic scented Backwater Predator. Not a challenge against you personally, but truly to test in a non-statistically significant challenge of the lures.