Night Time Flounder fishing/gigging

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Night Time Flounder fishing/gigging

Post by kickingback »

If you never have gigged for flounder here is a guy that has done many videos on his gigging. He looks to fish SLP most of the time so if you decide to give it a try launch at the public ramp on west side of bridge and peddle/paddle over and setup. Just make sure to check tides so if you anchor out your kayak wont get carried away.
If you have never gigged you will be addicted after your first outing I guarantee!!! Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pafsbI_gHn8
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Night Time Flounder fishing/gigging

Post by kickingback »

Alos, make sure to study Google Earth images of the BARS over there at SLP. They change over time but they are always there. Use it to see where you can walk close to the drop offs but stay on the flat bar. Stingrays will not bother you but be sure to look for them and scare them away so you do not get stung by their tail. Most step on them accidently and they whip and stab your foot when this happens.
The water in his video is clear and right now it is at SLP.
If anyone goes please post in here your report! Good luck!!!
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

When are we going gigging again Charlie? I have a couple of boys that need to learn to prepare flounder and I haven't been able to get a legal one in the kayak lately.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Not sure when I can make it but if you need /want to borrow my gear you are more than welcome! Let me know.
titanic2

Post by titanic2 »

Man I always hear good things about SLP but I've never had any luck. When you say the bars seen on google earth do you mean the middle in between bird island and the bridge where you can only get there by kayak or boat? Thanks for the help you rock
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Yes it's the visible sand areas on the map that look sandy and the darker areas are the deeper water areas. they are spread out from the east side of bridge north to almost bird island and east until the houses you see.
To decide which bar look at tide height and water flow. Watch his videos again and you can see which bars he walks on. Look for bridge in video.
Good luck!
titanic2

Post by titanic2 »

kickingback wrote:Yes it's the visible sand areas on the map that look sandy and the darker areas are the deeper water areas. they are spread out from the east side of bridge north to almost bird island and east until the houses you see.
To decide which bar look at tide height and water flow. Watch his videos again and you can see which bars he walks on. Look for bridge in video.
Good luck!
thank you so much ill give it a try soon!