Finally did it

Goin'Coastal

Finally did it

Post by Goin'Coastal »

I finally bought myself a kayak. I have been a member of this forum for far too long without a kayak. Having said that, I have been kayak fishing before with guides in the Rockport area, but live in Southeast Texas. I am familiar with Crystal and used to fish Sabine with a buddy frequently, but by boat. I hear Kieth Lake is packed these days and am looking for a place to go get the kayak wet and do some fishing. Suggestions? Also, would love to hear from some locals and get together some time.
mwatson71

Re: Finally did it

Post by mwatson71 »

Welcome.

What do you consider local?
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Goin'Coastal wrote:I finally bought myself a kayak. I have been a member of this forum for far too long without a kayak. Having said that, I have been kayak fishing before with guides in the Rockport area, but live in Southeast Texas. I am familiar with Crystal and used to fish Sabine with a buddy frequently, but by boat. I hear Kieth Lake is packed these days and am looking for a place to go get the kayak wet and do some fishing. Suggestions? Also, would love to hear from some locals and get together some time.
Congratulations on the new kayak, what did you get?

I've only fished Sabine once for a long weekend, but we fished Keith Lake, Bessie Heights, and the North shoreline towards Louisiana. That was a long time ago, like 2008.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I'm not completely sure what area you are in.. you say you are in s. texas but you indicate sabine area fishing spots that you've heard about.

There is also this old resource of launch sites
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl ... 05412&z=10

feel free to email me and i'll help you
tobin@troutsupport.com
Goin'Coastal

Post by Goin'Coastal »

Neumie wrote:
Goin'Coastal wrote:I finally bought myself a kayak. I have been a member of this forum for far too long without a kayak. Having said that, I have been kayak fishing before with guides in the Rockport area, but live in Southeast Texas. I am familiar with Crystal and used to fish Sabine with a buddy frequently, but by boat. I hear Kieth Lake is packed these days and am looking for a place to go get the kayak wet and do some fishing. Suggestions? Also, would love to hear from some locals and get together some time.
Congratulations on the new kayak, what did you get?

I've only fished Sabine once for a long weekend, but we fished Keith Lake, Bessie Heights, and the North shoreline towards Louisiana. That was a long time ago, like 2008.
I went for the sale on the Field & Stream 10' from Dick's Sporting Goods.
Goin'Coastal

Post by Goin'Coastal »

TroutSupport.com wrote:I'm not completely sure what area you are in.. you say you are in s. texas but you indicate sabine area fishing spots that you've heard about.

There is also this old resource of launch sites
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl ... 05412&z=10

feel free to email me and i'll help you
tobin@troutsupport.com
I live just outside of Beaumont between Sour Lake and Beaumont. Thanks for the links!