New bait caster rod

Floundapounda122

New bait caster rod

Post by Floundapounda122 »

Hello yall, I am looking for a new baitcasting rod to add to my arsenal. I currently have the Laguna rods TX wader II, and the hookspit TNT. I'm not in any specific price range. I have been interested in Waterloo but I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: New bait caster rod

Post by Neumie »

My first high end rod was a Lagina Texas Wader back in 2007; current specs match up with the Texas Wader II. Theat Wader two served me well for almost 10 years before I retied it. I ended up replacing it with a Waterloo Salinty, similarly spec'd.

I've been throwing Waterloo rods since 2009, specifically the Slam Mag (baitcaster) and Crankin' Mag (spinning). The Slam Mag is a perfect compliment to the Texas Wader II. It has a little more backbone, slightly heavier power, but still a good fast action rod. Mine is 6'9" and is my main topwater & Grasswalker rod. When I was throwing the Texas Wader it was 6'6" and I mainly used it for soft plastics and 1/4 oz spoons. Both rods can handle all these lures, but it's how I fished them to their strengths.
SteveRetrieve

Post by SteveRetrieve »

I went to the Houston fishing show thinking I’d walk out with a Waterloo Salinity but I need up choosing a Laguna Liquid ML 7’. I’ve only caught a couple flounder on it so far, but I’m really starting to love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DHardy

Post by DHardy »

I’m on Padre Island and Have been fishing the area for some time. Started building rods about 10 years ago because I could never find the perfect Rod. After some winners and losers, and fishing everything from Waterloo to Laguna, I like StCroix SCV and North Fork Composite (Gary Loomis) X-ray blanks. They’re on a whole different level. Kistler makes a great Rod on NFC blanks. The StCroix legend xtreme is a great Rod. Edge rods by NFC (Gary Loomis) makes an outstanding Rod which are often on huge sales.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

TackleDirect's house brand is a really good buy.
they also make a 3-pc that's great to stash in a kayak hold for back-up (comes with a nice tube).
My favorite is Crowder E-series Lite (IM6 graphite), but they've been shut down since the virus.