FREE FREEFREE FREE!

Yak Dog

FREE FREEFREE FREE!

Post by Yak Dog »

Just got a coupon in the mail from Academy, buy one concept A or Z reel get one FREE!!! Just letting you guys know check your box , I’m all over this deal . Just got to make my mind up on which one to buy. Also got another coupon in there for 25% off any rod !
Yak Dog

Re: FREE FREEFREE FREE!

Post by Yak Dog »

trying to post the pic of the coupon
Attachments
IMG_1391.jpg
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

never tried 13Fishing reels, but I love the Omen ML rod - it's that fast taper soft tip I've mentioned on a couple of threads.

Last edited by Ron Mc on Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

You guys always post these "clearance" deals at Wally World and Academy, but I go there and there are no such sales. Down here on the coast, we only have two seasons: Tourist and Hurricane! It's fishing season all year long here. That's why I live here. I've got more stuff than I need, anyway. That's what my wife said.
TexasJim
impulse

Post by impulse »

I'm not passing judgment on the quality of those reels, or the deal. But make sure you can get spare parts for them, otherwise you'll end up with an expensive paperweight when something inevitably wears out. And usually, it will be a cheap, tiny and frustrating part.

It's one thing to buy a cheap reel knowing it's disposable. Another thing to spend a load of loot only to find out later you can't get it repaired after a year or so.

On that note, does anyone know if Academy stocks spare parts for them? Or any aftermarket repair outfits like Mikes or Southwest? Of course, bearings are standard sizes, but springs, pawls, gears, etc. also wear out.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

13Fishing isn't exactly fly by night, and have the best rod warranty support I've ever run across

http://www.13fishing.com/reel-warranty- ... d-service/

they're a whole lot less nebulous than trying to deal with Pure Fishing and all the tackle companies they've eaten up.
impulse

Post by impulse »

Ron Mc wrote:13Fishing isn't exactly fly by night, and have the best rod warranty support I've ever run across

http://www.13fishing.com/reel-warranty- ... d-service/

they're a whole lot less nebulous than trying to deal with Pure Fishing and all the tackle companies they've eaten up.
That's good information that I didn't have 10 minutes ago before asking the question.

I'll be looking at their rods and reels in a different light now, with that personal recommendation, and knowing they do sell spare parts.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Yep I got the same thing. If anyone is interested in mine you can have it. I'm out on 13 fishing. By far the most overpriced baitcasters on the market in my opinion. I have a $55 Lew's American Hero that lasted longer than a concept a.
Yak Dog

Post by Yak Dog »

Mixed reviews on the A and Z reels, I have a buddy that fishes every weekend. He loves his A , he also cleans his reels after each use . Not taking them apart but washing off the salt and mud . I have a buddy I fish with that does the same thing with his Z . I guess it’s like everything else we do when it comes to fishing , everybody has an opinion and there always pros and cons .
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

all my baitcasters are Lew's since the 90s, and you won't hear a complaint from me there.
SteveRetrieve

Post by SteveRetrieve »

How does a fella get ahold of one of these coupons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Yak Dog wrote:Mixed reviews on the A and Z reels, I have a buddy that fishes every weekend. He loves his A , he also cleans his reels after each use . Not taking them apart but washing off the salt and mud . I have a buddy I fish with that does the same thing with his Z . I guess it’s like everything else we do when it comes to fishing , everybody has an opinion and there always pros and cons .
Yep I've heard stories on how good they are just as often as the bad experiences.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

SteveRetrieve wrote:How does a fella get ahold of one of these coupons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Message me with your address and I'll send you mine.