How to Catch Winter Trout | Kayak Fishing | Galveston West Bay | Video Link

TX All Water Fishing

How to Catch Winter Trout | Kayak Fishing | Galveston West Bay | Video Link

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

This was a foggy day- which I love the foggy trout bite. Just make sure you're extra safe- I always have my 360 light with flag and additional high power light to shine in the direction of a boat if I hear one. This morning DSL was the ticket- that color combo has been good for me lately in West Bay. I believe it's Chicken of the C , if not it's similar. I was also tossing a Lil Buddy Baits, a Texas local bait company that will custom make colors for you. In the video you'll see I hooked up to a few specs and talked about a few ways I like to fish for specs during this time of year, from my kayak.
Don't forget to subscribe I really appreciate all the support I get from Texas Kayak Fisherman, I enjoy sharing the videos and information here.
Click Link Video
https://youtu.be/72F1b26ZmZY
Attachments
How to Catch Winter Trout_Moment3.jpg
Thumb.jpg
impulse

Re: How to Catch Winter Trout | Kayak Fishing | Galveston West Bay | Video Link

Post by impulse »

Ya got any videos you can link to to help guys with the logistics of fishing in the West Bay? Places to park safely, where to launch, etc.

I stay in Sea Isle and it's easy for me to launch the kayak out of the back yard. But I wouldn't have a clue about the best spot for the public to launch without having to paddle a few miles to get to some of the best spots. So much of the area is private...
TX All Water Fishing

Re: How to Catch Winter Trout | Kayak Fishing | Galveston West Bay | Video Link

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

impulse wrote:Ya got any videos you can link to to help guys with the logistics of fishing in the West Bay? Places to park safely, where to launch, etc.

I stay in Sea Isle and it's easy for me to launch the kayak out of the back yard. But I wouldn't have a clue about the best spot for the public to launch without having to paddle a few miles to get to some of the best spots. So much of the area is private...
That's the same issues we all face. That's one of the reason's I bought a peddle drive kayak so I can go further. I have a few spots I like to fish that take over an hour to get to because of that same problem. My only suggestion is to use Google Maps and explore. Tight Lines