Port Lavaca and POC

speck81

Port Lavaca and POC

Post by speck81 »

Got days off next week and wanted to try a new area but i have no clue not looking for any ones secret spots just a safe place where i can launch off at. Been scouting the POC and Port Lavaca areas. I saw six mile park in Port Lavca and it looks good. Any advice would be appreciated.
SWFinatic

Re: Port Lavaca and POC

Post by SWFinatic »

You can launch at 6 mile and head up either Placedo or Garcitas. A low tide would be best for these areas. Or I believe you can still launch at the FM 1289 bridge and fishing the upper end of Powderhorn.
speck81

Re: RE: Re: Port Lavaca and POC

Post by speck81 »

SWFinatic wrote:You can launch at 6 mile and head up either Placedo or Garcitas. A low tide would be best for these areas. Or I believe you can still launch at the FM 1289 bridge and fishing the upper end of Powderhorn.
Thanks Swfinatic I'm going to look into that. Hopefully the weather is good thurs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Port Lavaca and POC

Post by Neumie »

Lots of good spots to fish around the area you're talking about.

6 Mile Ramp, Indianola Marina, Coloma Creek Bridge (FM 1289), Boggy Bayou Park, and Charlie's Bait Camp are great options. Across the causeway there's Point Comfort Ramp and Keller Bay Kayak Launch.

From 6 mile ramp to the north is Garcitas and Placedo Creeks. Garcitas is pretty big shrimp nursery and during the fall shrimp hatch the shrimp just pour out of that creek. South of the ramp is 6 mile creek, which can be good. Just need to watch the wind, because on a heavy SE wind the water gets dirty and is fairly unprotected.

Google Map
speck81

Re: RE: Re: Port Lavaca and POC

Post by speck81 »

Neumie wrote:Lots of good spots to fish around the area you're talking about.

6 Mile Ramp, Indianola Marina, Coloma Creek Bridge (FM 1289), Boggy Bayou Park, and Charlie's Bait Camp are great options. Across the causeway there's Point Comfort Ramp and Keller Bay Kayak Launch.

From 6 mile ramp to the north is Garcitas and Placedo Creeks. Garcitas is pretty big shrimp nursery and during the fall shrimp hatch the shrimp just pour out of that creek. South of the ramp is 6 mile creek, which can be good. Just need to watch the wind, because on a heavy SE wind the water gets dirty and is fairly unprotected.

Google Map
I knew I seen this map before, just couldn't find it agian. Thanks alot man this is perfect. Image

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk