Fishing Galveston with my daughter

bigtrout

Fishing Galveston with my daughter

Post by bigtrout »

Taking my daughter fishing in the Galveston area. What would be a safe area to fish in our kayaks. I am more familiar with the Corpus Christi area and we usually fish the areas between aransas pass and port aransas along highway 361. Any help would be appreciated .
Floundapounda122

Re: Fishing Galveston with my daughter

Post by Floundapounda122 »

Honestly anywhere away from San Luis Pass. You can launch at GISP or sportsman’s road where you can fish a good number of marsh drains and back lakes.
Getz-Some55

Post by Getz-Some55 »

For the northern part of West Bay, Louis Bait Camp in Bayou Vista or the TPWD ramp at Tiki Island are good safe places.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I think GISP would be the best place. How old is she? there are lots of flats and a marsh cut or two you could go look into but it will be safe.
bigtrout

Post by bigtrout »

My daughter lives in Houston . She is in her thirties and loves to go fishing. I live in san Antonio and go to Corpus Christi most of the time.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

I would fish GISP/Lake Como. Stay in the protected lake area for easy paddling and fishing. Go out and fish the geotubes/marshes if the winds aren't too bad.
TX All Water Fishing

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

I agree with them Galveston Island State Park is a great little spot to fish, you're not going to kill it there but I have caught some nice fish fishing in that area. So it can hold some good fish at times, but safety? That would be number one spot. There is two places you can launch, Lake Como side (use google maps) can hold some good specs at time. I would go with live shrimp either free line or under a popping cork. That side can have a lot of boat traffic at times but most of them go slow and are respectful to smaller crafts like kayaks. The other launch is Oak Bayou, it can hold some good fish at times as well. No boats, maybe 1 or 2 will come shallow. Fish the grass line, around the drains across from the little watch tower out there and in the middle across from the watch tower. There's a small oyster reef where a lot of fish hang out, in the middle. Small guys but fun for the kiddos to catch, me too LOL. You can come out of Oak Bayou and fish the right flats, you'll see ppl wade fishing out of their boats, good for specs. Have fun and hope you all hook up!
Thanks Ruben
Texas All Water Fishing https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtoAus ... subscriber