Catching more fish

Tombo

Catching more fish

Post by Tombo »

The only thing I can put my finger on with having more success lately catching fish is time spent on the water. Earlier this year I was tired of watching other fishermen and women catching upper slot Redfish, yellow mouth Trout and flounder. I just am more comfortable catching fish now. As the conditions changed I just was not comfortable with my choice of locations. In other words I had no clue. As I type this I also realize the next time I go fishing could be a bust, but not every trip.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Catching more fish

Post by Ron Mc »

Tom, you seem to be one of the fishiest guys around
Sometimes just have to pay dues to be there for phenomena like blackwater.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

You should watch more YouTube videos like I do when I cannot fish. I think I have seen all the fishing, flounder, offshore, and inshore YouTube has to offer so I wait for the new videos to get more knowledge. I have learned more from videos and forums then I do when I go out alone. I use the tactics and locations to better plan a good fish catching trip. I hate being skunked!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Tom, some more -
big sow trout are wonderful to catch, but we really should release them, because taking their meat is a waste of their breeding potential. A 16" trout is the best fillet the coast has to offer, next to flounder.
Redfish - a few slot or even close reds in a morning is a complete morning, because they're all about fighting their shoulders.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Glad you're finding 'em Tombo! They are all fun to catch but some are just downright beautiful.
IMG_6566.JPG
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

There is much more to learn Tom... email me later and I have something for you. tobin@troutsupport.com

There is a real art to choosing where to fish for each trip and there are a lot of variables to put into that equation like tides, winds, seasonal conditions, and water conditions, even thru the day variables also matter. it's all learnable though.