Rollover Pass Trip Planned Aug 1-4

jrsac

Rollover Pass Trip Planned Aug 1-4

Post by jrsac »

Hello everyone. My brother and I are heading down to Crystal Beach with our wives Aug 1-4. I am wanting to try to catch some fish in the mornings but I have little experience down on bolivar. If you have any tips or experience with this area I would appreciate the input. From what I am seeing Rollover Pass would be the place to fish but I am not sure if kayaking or wading would be the better option. Thanks and tight lines!
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Rollover Pass Trip Planned Aug 1-4

Post by Neumie »

jrsac wrote:Hello everyone. My brother and I are heading down to Crystal Beach with our wives Aug 1-4. I am wanting to try to catch some fish in the mornings but I have little experience down on bolivar. If you have any tips or experience with this area I would appreciate the input. From what I am seeing Rollover Pass would be the place to fish but I am not sure if kayaking or wading would be the better option. Thanks and tight lines!
I've never fished there, but from everything I've read is you just pull up in your vehicle and either stake your territory or work up and down the bank. I do not recommend kayaking or wade fishing the pass or in the surf, especially if the tides are moving.

There's lots of good info here in you do a quick search for Rollover Pass.