New Fish bag!

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

New Fish bag!

Post by shoffer »

I got a new fishbag that I love.

Some background first. I had a 32 inch PrecisionPak that I used for more than 7 years. I loved it. I actually bought it for 35 bucks back then. Then they stopped making them, and then my other one was simply too torn up inside to use anymore.

I found a re-incarnated version on Amazon for 85 bucks in orange:
Capture.JPG
https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Pak-To ... 887&sr=8-1

But the opening on the side where you insert your catch is full Velcro (as opposed to the side zippers and top Velcro on the old fish bag), and I don’t like that. I have used it twice and decided to see if I could find a replacement.

I have! I found another fish bag on Amazon that is even better than my old Precision-Pak, with all of the same features. It actually looks to be exactly the same with some upgrades. It is called the Insulated 32" TCYC Deluxe YAKCATCH Fish Catch Cooler for Kayak & Canoe Angler:
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (41.25 KiB) Viewed 6209 times
I found it on Amazon for 87.00 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1933 ... 9332518011

It is also on Ebay - https://www.ebay.com/p/Insulated-32-TCY ... 3798048983

I recommend it highly.
Last edited by shoffer on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: New Fish bag!

Post by kickingback »

I'll take it!
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

KB, are you going to use your fish bag to keep cokes cold? You never catch any fish, so why not just buy a regular cooler? :lol: :lol:
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

For one, I don't drink coke and many soft canned drinks. Second, not sure where you heard I never catch fish? That makes me giggle to myself. :lol: And last I have a small cooler that holds ice in the sun well already. 8)
Just need a backup bag when my son goes with me.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

KK - I know you just busting balls, for I have seen KB pull many a toothy critter from the depths. It appears that he specializes in Crappie, but he can tear up in the salt with the best of them.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Kb knows I was joking. I'm just envious of his being able to go fishing so often.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Yeah it's all good! KK is always a good guy. :clap:

Going out for crappie tomorrow. Some reds and trout on Friday night and offshore on Monday hopefully! 8)
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Not only does KickingBack catch loads of fish; he also gives them away. I have cooked & eaten them at my fish fries. Thanks, Charlie. Looking forward to some slabalicious crappie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Hey, Stewart – I just received one of these bags yesterday that I had ordered via Amazon! I was looking for something smaller than the Native bag that I have had for a few years, but still long enough for slot reds. This one fit the bill size-wise. I was searching for information on what some of the features were designed for, such as the strap system on top and the Velcro flap on the bottom. As part of that search this tkf post showed up! I was glad to see you recommended it highly. I have not used it yet, just trying to figure out the layout.

In some reviews I saw mention of the internal bag for items to be kept separate from the fish, often not used. I don’t think that I will use that since I have a cooler for drinks and food.

I was reviewing the straps on top, with the two clips, trying to figure out what that could be for. Then I thought of the insulation material that I have on hand from previous kayak projects. I cut a piece of the bubble insulation to fit, then I added a piece of foam board insulation and slid that under the bubble layer. In the picture I have pulled out the blue insulation board so that it can be seen.
I do not anticipate using the zipper on top for access so covering this should be no issue.

Anyway – I thought that I would pass this modification along. Of course this type of addition will apply to all fish bag/coolers since the top takes quite a roasting, especially this time of year. A little added insulation will help.

An addendum - Earlier I had put a couple of large ice packs in the cooler and left it out in the sun/shade as the day goes. Just checked it 7 hours later - Still cool in the cooler with one of the two packs still has some mushy solid. I put my hand between the added insulation and the top of the bag and it was cool there, especially along the zipper. It seems the added insulation is a benefit -
Attachments
0811191110_2.jpg
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Thanks for the mod, YakRunAbout. A good idea, indeed. I am fishing mainly at night now, so my two large Blue Ices are sufficient to keep the fish cool. I never use that internal bag either.