Texas Redfish Hunter

razz25

Texas Redfish Hunter

Post by razz25 »

In the past I have enjoyed YouTube Videos from Texas Redfish Hunter. His videos seemed to have dried up about 8 months ago. Anyone know what happened to him or is he using a different format than YouTube?
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Texas Redfish Hunter

Post by kickingback »

He got married.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

In a recent video, someone asked Thresher the same thing, and Thresher said that he "had a full time job."
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Marriage and life probably.. .plus google (you tube) changed their payout paradigm and put the pinch on a lot of guys. Thresher is the only one I know making enough to keep doing it. Video is extremely time consuming to make. It really takes something to plan, set up, shoot, and then edit your trips.. then to get paid pennies... not really worth it. MDLR isn't doing to bad and he's ok.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Thresher is my favorite. He has a great combo of good personality, video editing, high-quality footage, and a good mix of fishing, catch and cook, product reviews and different styles of fishing, all wrapped up into one. I recommend him over anyone. I like Zoffinger for different reasons, and I recently stumbled upon this Youngbloods guy down in Australia who is good. Great videos, adventure, different fish, and some good eye candy from time to time. Still not better then Thresher, though.

And yes, it does take a long time to edit video well (as you well know, Tobin).

On my way to Florida today to catch Tarpon and Snook (guided powerboat trips), and bringing plenty of filming gear.
Getz-Some55

Post by Getz-Some55 »

I'm a big fan of both Thresher and MDLR. To add to Tobin's point, Thresher is a college kid who has a lot fo time on his hands and got started in the YouTube game early. MDLR has it made with his Marine retirement and treats his Youtube channel like his full-time job.

RX Angler and Texas Fishing Force are other decent channels to check out.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

I like the Next Level Fishing Guys as well.. good guys and do a good show. If you ask me they put more time into creating a rich viewing experience as well as giving information.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Tobin I agree. Very well produced videos.

I think Robert Field also does a good job putting out quality videos.
jgg696

Post by jgg696 »

TroutSupport.com wrote:I like the Next Level Fishing Guys as well.. good guys and do a good show. If you ask me they put more time into creating a rich viewing experience as well as giving information.
cool. I'll check them out! Also thanks for your videos Tobin! Helped me catch a small red and a big flounder(even though I was looking for reds). lol
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

You are very welcome.. continue to watch them over and over and they'll continue to teach you. No other instructional video has as much detailed information. in fact, it probably has too much information. LOL.