Gulf Shores info

waterdog

Gulf Shores info

Post by waterdog »

We are taking a family trip to Fort Morgan by Gulf Shores, AL at the end of June. Going to bring our 2 yaks. Anyone have any tips or spots they are willing to share. Trying to start my research to plan a great trip. Any help is very appreciated.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Gulf Shores info

Post by texnomad »

From what some friends have told me, launch places are few and far between. Supposedly there is a bay side launch very near Ft. Morgan but that is really close to the main pass into the bay. Currents could be a trouble. Another friend likes to surf fish on the gulf side of the peninsula. He catches loads of nice fish in the first and second guts. I am in north Alabama right now and the tourist season is in full swing up here.
flydoc

Re: Gulf Shores info

Post by flydoc »

As your heading west on 180 the 3 rivers area is great for yaks on the north side of the road. You can launch at St Andrews Bay Reds will be up the rivers.

Little Lagoon is another favorite. There's a ramp on the north shore to the east or a kayak launch in the park on the west end. Best for specks here with the occasional red. South shore at nite is outstanding for specks in the dock lites as they crush bait.
You can put in at the inlet and fish lites either side. Small white streamers on the fly rod. Look for surface popping and go in quiet.

Walk the beach.. Always something cruising the shore.. GLuck