Holly beach, Laguna Vista

Jp10

Post by Jp10 »

Used to fish here all the time until a couple years ago the owner put some purple posts and no trespassing signs. For those of you who fish deep south Texas, I’ve heard that there’s a spot that still open to the public to dock off. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Holly beach, Laguna Vista

Post by Neumie »

Can you not access the Laguna from the end of Mesquite Dr?
Jp10

Post by Jp10 »

Neumie wrote:Can you not access the Laguna from the end of Mesquite Dr?
Hm, never been down mesquite rd?

Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Jp10 wrote:
I haven't fished down there in almost 10 years so it's not something I can check out, but Holly Beach was closed in Nov. 2017.
Jp10

Post by Jp10 »

Neumie wrote:
Jp10 wrote:
I haven't fished down there in almost 10 years so it's not something I can check out, but Holly Beach was closed in Nov. 2017.

I’ve heard that the house area is the only spot that’s closed off. I’ve also heard that plenty of kayakers still go out there. I just don’t want to risk it and end up in jail for trespassing lol

Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Holly Beach Dr -> Mesquite Dr route was open in July 2017. VERY slick clay covers that road -- if it was raining recently you better use 4wd. I slid off the road and got stuck in bushes on side of it in my 2wd truck. Tires had 1" layer of clay on them -- couldn't grip a thing.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

a different slick clay road, my nephew and I drove to Newcomb's Point on Copano Bay one light rain day in my 2wd p/u.
He had to hop up and down in the bed in a few spots to get us moving.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Crusader wrote:Holly Beach Dr -> Mesquite Dr route was open in July 2017. VERY slick clay covers that road -- if it was raining recently you better use 4wd. I slid off the road and got stuck in bushes on side of it in my 2wd truck. Tires had 1" layer of clay on them -- couldn't grip a thing.
Same thing nearly happened to my dad and I years ago, I don't even think it had rained even.
Ron Mc wrote:a different slick clay road, my nephew and I drove to Newcomb's Point on Copano Bay one light rain day in my 2wd p/u.
He had to hop up and down in the bed in a few spots to get us moving.
I haven't been back there yet, but it seems like a good spot to fish when the wind is kicking from the SE. Where did you launch from the end of Hackberry St (really 6th st) or Bay View loop in the Holiday Beach area?
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

hi friend, it's been too long to remember, but we went to the back of the caliche road - there's a good grass patch along the shore, and easy paddle to Newcombe's reef.