Hobie compass

Jp10

Hobie compass

Post by Jp10 »

Alright so I asked about the pescador pilot on my recent post. It was suggested to invest in the hobie compass for a few more hundred dollars which sounds like a great idea. Saw some reviews on YouTube. What about y’all? Pros and cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Hobie compass

Post by kickingback »

YouTube has MANY compass comparisons. Check it out.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

I have one and love it. Here's an earlier review.

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... it=compass
Zackthefisherman

Post by Zackthefisherman »

I tested my buddies on Lake Buchanan a while back. It was my first experience with a mirage drive, and I was really impressed. I thought it had a good combination of speed and stability. We both liked that it is a blank slate which keeps the price down. You can add the accessories you want which wouldn't be much for me. I'm hoping to get one after I graduate college this summer.
COtransplant854

Post by COtransplant854 »

Great boat, I actually prefer them over the old Outbacks (New outbacks take the cake tho). As with any pedal drive yak, if you fish skinny water there isn't much room for the drive. The ability to fold the fins up underneath makes it much less of an issue than say a Propel drive, but I cover waaayyy more water on the Hobie than a traditional paddle yak.
NativeSon

Post by NativeSon »

Would love to have one...but hard to justify the $$$ to the wife, especially since I already have a paddle yak, bought before the pedals came out.
I do wish Hobies were a bit cheaper in price, though.