Can’t catch fish...

Gallonegro

Can’t catch fish...

Post by Gallonegro »

So I brought the fish to me LOL. Over the summer I had no classes to take, so I had a few hours to kill, but also had my two young ones to look after, so going out to catch fish was pretty non-existing. So I decide to bring the fish to me and burn them on some wood. I have never tried wood burning, but I saw a couple of videos and became very intrigued. But damn do your hands cramp up bad when your holding a pen-like object for hours. I like art and especially fishing art, but it is extremely expensive. So like I always do and say, if someone else can do it, why can’t I. So here it’s guys, let me know what y’all think. All of them are stained and finished with a clear coat. Shoot my winter break is coming up from school and if anyone is interested let me know. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Can’t catch fish...

Post by kickingback »

:clap: very nice art work! You could sell those easily! Well done!
Gallonegro

Post by Gallonegro »

kickingback wrote::clap: very nice art work! You could sell those easily! Well done!
Thank you KB!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

very nice work.

A friend from FFR, Mark Yuhina had a steady income from his art through college, including being published in several of the prestigious fly fishing rags.
http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/v ... 22#p196922
He has a few vintage fly reels from me, and I have a stack of sketches he sent me.

some of the shops in Rockport and Aransas Pass might consign for you, and there's always market days/ Seafair (though a booth costs - could look for someone who might share)
Last edited by Ron Mc on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

very nice!
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Nice pyrography.

Gallonegro

Post by Gallonegro »

Ron Mc wrote:very nice work.

A friend from FFR, Mark Yuhina had a steady income from his art through college, including being published in several of the prestigious fly fishing rags.
http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/v ... 22#p196922
He has a few vintage fly reels from me, and I have a stack of sketches he sent me.

some of the shops in Rockport and Aransas Pass might consign for you, and there's always market days/ Seafair (though a booth costs - could look for someone who might share)
Thank you! My family tells me the same thing, to try and sell them, but I have never done anything like this so I wouldn’t even know where to start. I would love for a shop down in rockport or AP to display something! I live inSan Antonio and there is no locally own tackle stores. But if you know of a shop, I wouldn’t mind giving some for free so they can be displayed. Right now they are in my garage hanging, where I wonder off when I look at them!
Gallonegro

Post by Gallonegro »

Chubs wrote:very nice!
Thank you Chubs!
Gallonegro

Post by Gallonegro »

Cuervo Jones wrote:Nice pyrography.

Thank you CJ!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

the place to start is show up.
Take your wife to the tourist shops in Rockport and AP, visit Rockport Seafair. Have your work in the car and bring it up to shop owners - ask if they want to see it and possibly consign it.
You'll have to "sell" yourself and your art if you want to sell your art, and you start that by believing in both.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Gotta do what you can do to keep your head in the game when you can't go. When I was in that situation I used to repaint old worn out lures.

Love your work, Looks great.
Gallonegro

Post by Gallonegro »

Ron Mc wrote:the place to start is show up.
Take your wife to the tourist shops in Rockport and AP, visit Rockport Seafair. Have your work in the car and bring it up to shop owners - ask if they want to see it and possibly consign it.
You'll have to "sell" yourself and your art if you want to sell your art, and you start that by believing in both.

Thanks for the great advice!
Gallonegro

Post by Gallonegro »

TroutSupport.com wrote:Gotta do what you can do to keep your head in the game when you can't go. When I was in that situation I used to repaint old worn out lures.

Love your work, Looks great.

Thank you TS!