Consumer Warning - Fraudulent Kayak Websites

Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Hey guys,

I don't think anything has been posted about this on here, but if you're on Facebook I'm sure you've seen some ads pop up on the TKF Facebook group and elsewhere "selling" incredibly cheap kayaks. Almost all the ads have Old Town Kayaks, canoes, and accessories listed for $100 or less. DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF THESE WEBSITES. You will have your banking information compromised and possibly your identity stolen.

There have been numerous website which have popped up "selling" cheap kayaks and include the following: fashionsgo.com, alongmall.com, and alreadymall.com. These are the ones I'm aware of but there have been others and more could exist as well.

Attached is picture of one of the ads, but is typical of nearly every fraudulent website with the "Kayak Store" logo in the upper left corner.

Other than the to-good-to-be-true price some things you should look for on the website: make sure the website is secure (to check its up by the url in your web browser); the "About Me" will be very generic reading and written in slightly broken english; and there is no physical address, email, or phone number listed (just a generic fill in the blank email submittal form).

Please be vigilante when Christmas shopping and looking for a online.

P.S. There are other fraudulent websites hawking bogus items as well. I've seen them for Raybans, Nikes (nisneakers.com), Pet Supplies (wellbigshop.com), Power Tools (tooltrunks.com and vipabilityshop.com)
Attachments
41964582_2397022813647526_5955417432343445504_n.jpg
41964582_2397022813647526_5955417432343445504_n.jpg (43.46 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

There was something about this on the Houston news a couple of nights ago. It was shoes and purses then. If a deal seems to be too good to be true, it IS! Which I learned the hard way (heh) by sending all my money to the ad that popped up in the fishing reports section. ED stands for explosive diarrhea, right?!
Uh. It was...for a friend...yeah...yeah, a friend, see?
I gotta go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Consumer Warning - Fraudulent Kayak Websites

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Wow, there goes the internet... scammers, I hate em. Low lifes.

I wonder if scammers in these other countries work like it's their job, like the get up and have coffee, commute thru traffic to work for their scam boss technology firm. They probably have bonuses and get raises and everything. I've never seen so many people work so hard at scamming people. it's here in the states too, CC fraud is constant and especially if you own a business.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Thanks for posting, not all of us are as good as you to protect us from evil.
The age old saying still holds true. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
I go by a modified version. If it sounds to good to be true on the internet, it ALWAYS IS.
reelfisherman

Post by reelfisherman »

Those folks need to be gilled and gutted.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk