Caloma Creek?

krfish

Caloma Creek?

Post by krfish »

Has anyone ever fished the Caloma Creek side of Powderhorn? Was thinking about giving it a try, just wanted some input first. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Caloma Creek?

Post by Cuervo Jones »

The silence is deafening!
Give it a shot and post a report. The forums are full of lurkers and learners but not many posters and teachers.

osorojotx

Post by osorojotx »

Agree with Cuervo. Give it a shot.

There is an easy put-in at the 1289 bridge. I've always seen a bunch of bait soakers fishing on or around it. Water looks like it would be pretty well protected regardless of direction.

There are a few points off of oxbows and small tributary drains that maybe good with moving water.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

I would give it a shot. Given the time of the year I'd try to locate some of the deeper channels of the creek near the drains and fish the moving waters pinch points.
krfish

Post by krfish »

Thanks guys. I hate to be asking but but the reason I asked is the last time I went that way the bridge was under construction, so I wasn't sure if there was still a place to launch. I'll give it a try and post a report. Thank y'all

TrailChaser

Post by TrailChaser »

If you show up early and there are already a bunch of trucks with small boat trailers you know you're going to be sharing the water with duck hunters.
The launch is good to go now with the new bridge. I've always had decent luck back there. I have a buddy who grew up fishing back there with his grandpa almost exclusively, so he has nothing but good things to say.
I'd watch launching early on a weekend. You might have a hard time getting back to your truck with all the bank fishermen that show up. This would be about the best time of year to fish it, just not too soon after a hard rain.
If you end up in the lake, head north and you'll find another marsh that is usually really productive, but I would personally avoid that area until after duck season is over. It's tight and they are usually kinda thick in that area. Good luck out there!
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Great insight there, trailchaser. Avoiding guys stakes out with decoys and guns is a challenge this time of year.