Matagorda newbie Trip - tips?

catastrophy

Matagorda newbie Trip - tips?

Post by catastrophy »

My boss is taking myself and several other guys down to matagorda on his new boat tomorrow through Saturday. I dropped a pin on where we will be staying. NONE of us has finished matagorda bay so I was hoping someone with some experience may be able to point us in the right direction. Not expecting honey holes...just a general area would be much appreciated. Any advice on handling this weeks expected front and rain would be super appreciated as well. Targeting specs, reds and flounder.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Screenshot_20181107-201820_Maps.jpg
Tombo

Re: Matagorda newbie Trip - tips?

Post by Tombo »

With the North winds up to 20mph, I would recommend protected shorelines. West Matagorda Bay has more coves and shorelines protected from the North.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

More than 20... gusts to 35 for Saturday.

One option you will have is to hit the marsh drains off the ICW for flounder, that will be protected and flounder still bite fairly well during and after cold fronts. Much of your south shoreline will be a little challenging to get to... just depends on how much east there is in the wind.. current prediction is for anywhere from NNE to ENE... 20 -30 range with gusts to 35.

Ya'll be careful.
catastrophy

Post by catastrophy »

Thank you guys!