Darn!

Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Darn!

Post by Kayak Kid »

Our PACK yearly fishing trip to Boliver was just called off due to the front that will hit this week-end. The fishing has been exceptional this week, but during and after the front, it's gonna slow down considerably.

I believe this was to be our tenth or eleventh year of thirteen of us renting a beach house and kayak fishing the flats and marsh's of the peninsula. So now I will stay home and either celebrate or bemoan the results of the mid term elections. "I'd much rather be fishin' ".
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Darn!

Post by kickingback »

Sorry to hear! I'm launching from Stinagree on Thursday hopefully. Would have been good to meet up.

As for the s"elections", it is either 2 more years of good economy or two years of a slow economy and fake investigations and then when Trump runs again in 2020 along with all those liberal seats up for grabs it's gonna be a land slide with all the voters coming to vote Trump and do the ALL Republican out of ease.
It's all good like I said before....:lol:
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Early Thursday will be the best fishing of the week. Do you fish the marsh or open water?

I can't think of a trip in the past where we didn't catch in the marsh areas both to the left (S) and to the right (N) of Stingaree.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Gonna do early morning tops close to shore (100 yards out) and TSL Grasswalkers (closer to shore with grass) and then hit the marsh openings for flounder with Gulp and get back into the marsh to the right of Stinagree to the east for reds on paddle tails.
We may go Rollover launch and do the left and the same routine but west. Looking for a slam with light winds, very slight chance of rain, new moon, fast outgoing tide and a quarter in my pocket! All charts and sites predict it to be the perfect storm for fishing anywhere in Galveston bay.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Good report form SWP this morning. For those that want to get out and don't want to risk the wind, or have no options to get out of the wind that or rollover might be an option.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Thanks Tobin!
We hit the bay at Stinagree but the winds and fog and light rain ruined the bite for the day. Only landed two small flounder and a bunch of sandies under birds. Had to call it after noon with winds getting worse. The bay was choppier than offshore at times with waves crashing over the bow! Still a good day as I was out fishing!!! :wink: