TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please visit our sponsor Slowride Guide Services
By t-ferg
Does anyone have any feed back on billystix rods? From what I've seen on other forums and websites they seem pretty nice. I have been talking with him on ordering a custom 6'10'' medium lite custom casting rod.
By CopanoCruisin
Billy builds awesome rods! Nothing but 1st class with excellent parts and awesome wraps. Actually I probably need to order me a new one since my wife seems to have claimed mine. ..........cC
By Tombo
Billy does a great job. Gave one to my brother 6 years ago and it still is doing great.
You should see the package it arrives in, shipped to survive a hurricane.
By Neumie
I have two which I won in two different tournaments. Both are kayak series, med or med-heavy, spiral eyes, casting. Obviously the craftsmanship is top notch and the wrapping is awesome. I used both for a few trips but I didn't like the feel of the rods. The spiral wrap caused every lure to cast to the left of where I was aiming so I had to compensate for this and during fights with larger fish the rod would torque to the left in my hand. I keep them with a couple of my other fishing trophy's.

Not a great photo.

By t-ferg
Tombo wrote:Don't tell him Tombo sent you, price may go up. :lol:

Lol. I bargained down to free shipping.
By t-ferg
Thanks everyone for the replies.
I ordered the rod and I will post some pics when I receive it in a few weeks.
By t-ferg
Neumie wrote:I have two which I won in two different tournaments. Both are kayak series, med or med-heavy, spiral eyes, casting. Obviously the craftsmanship is top notch and the wrapping is awesome. I used both for a few trips but I didn't like the feel of the rods. The spiral wrap caused every lure to cast to the left of where I was aiming so I had to compensate for this and during fights with larger fish the rod would torque to the left in my hand. I keep them with a couple of my other fishing trophy's.

Not a great photo.

Yes, he mentioned the spiral wrap, but I told him to go with the standard in line guides. I know a lot of people swear by the spiral wrap though.
Freeport Area Tide Predictions

It would be nice to nail down the tides over there[…]

I like all the personalities here on the fly fishi[…]

Anyone know who bought ACK?

I've always had great luck with USPS. And fairly g[…]

Matagorda 09/25-09/28

we need a like button :lol: