Major TroutSupport.com TSL - GrassWalker Announcement

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Major TroutSupport.com TSL - GrassWalker Announcement

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I wanted to make us something new; not just new for TroutSupport but new for fishing Texas and Louisiana waters. When you see a live mullet in the water, especially one that is injured, there is a lot of silver flash. Looking at them from above the water surface they have a light green back with green iridescence, and where they are missing a scale a fleck of blue, with a silvery pearl belly. And almost every species of mullet has a black tail. Redfish and Trout don't know it's NOT mullet.

Introducing

Has proven itself already with Justin Stiles catching some studs. I've also done really well with it in clear to sandy clear water with numerous limits.. but that's enough about ME ME ME.. this bait is about and for YOU.

Available at our website but also the below list of retailers.
List of stores Carrying it as well as the other colors
  • Tackle Town in RockPort
  • Anglers Anonymous in Katy
  • SaltSwag in Bay City
  • Slickwater Tackle in Clute
  • Hook Line & Sinker in Harlingen
  • Matts Reel Repair in San Antonio
  • EMB SaltWater Gear in Sargent
  • Matagorda Outfitters in Matagorda
Tell your favorite tackle store if you want them to carry them
https://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure/
Attachments
IMG_3660.JPG
IMG_3661.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG
IMG_3658.JPG
topwater trout

Re: Major TroutSupport.com TSL - GrassWalker Announcement

Post by topwater trout »

Awesome color!!!! Trout gonna tear that up.
topwater trout

Post by topwater trout »

If anyone has not tried these baits or seen his dvds, DO IT!!! Great products and you wont be sorry. Plus great customer service!!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

I like it. Looks like it will take a bite from a fish that might reject a different color on close inspection.
Agree, Tobin is tops.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

The trout in POC did not want to let go of it that's for sure. I was catching some in a school that was a mere 15' off the reef I was standing on... it was crazy. Caught some good fish up to 20" as well.
JMS

Post by JMS »

topwater trout wrote:If anyone has not tried these baits or seen his dvds, DO IT!!! Great products and you wont be sorry. Plus great customer service!!
Couldn’t agree more, was planning to order some pink now I’ll add this silver as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks guys, it's catching fish. They didn't want to let go of it in POC and I caught both Trout and Reds on it. it looks very mullet esq... that's why is't called Birthday Suit. LOL. Tight lines!
Sigfish

Post by Sigfish »

I picked up some today at anglers anonymous in Katy can't wait to try them out this weekend
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

it was good when we had bright sun this weekend on Estes flats, but we had a handful of these lures, and they all got their tails bitten off.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

That's pretty rare with my baits.. but if it happens tell me personally when it does. That way I can work with the injector if that is happening. I designed the central core to be thick enough that it should NOT happen. Occasionally it still does . But if this is happening a lot I need to talk to the injector to make sure they are running the tail color hot enough. Just me me know through PM guys. I haven't heard of problems with the Chart tails and those are usually worse, maybe it was just those lizzard fish ???
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

I missed this! Awesome Tobin!!!! :clap:
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

TroutSupport.com wrote:That's pretty rare with my baits.. but if it happens tell me personally when it does. That way I can work with the injector if that is happening. I designed the central core to be thick enough that it should NOT happen. Occasionally it still does . But if this is happening a lot I need to talk to the injector to make sure they are running the tail color hot enough. Just me me know through PM guys. I haven't heard of problems with the Chart tails and those are usually worse, maybe it was just those lizzard fish ???
hi Tobin,
I didn't mean it in a bad way What I meant to imply and the fact the dinks were attacking the lures even if they weren't eating them. We only had 5 birthday suit, and they were gone on Sunday - every color was getting the tails bit away, not just new lures. As you mentioned by pm, maybe the missing tails is the Lizardfish Curse.
I think it was boat traffic - Sat and Sun we didn't catch a legal trout, and brought back a dozen lures with the tails gone. Monday didn't lose a single tail, and caught dinks like crazy along with reds.
I fished this lure all day Monday.
Imageyou see all the bite marks are up the back. There was not a single power boat on Estes flats.
I could fish forever on chicken and birthday suit with bone thrown in for night glow. My buddy Steve could fish pink forever.
I love the birthday lure, and both reds and specs really attack it. Monday I just stuck with the same lure that was working all day from Big Cut to Sandy Point. When I was about to get out of the boat drifting into Sandy Point, a dink finally pulled the corkscrew out and the lure slid up the line.
Last edited by Ron Mc on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Looks like you could add a simple "stinger" small treble to the hook to get better hook ups. I made a few of titanium wire and no 8 treble. I slide it on the hook and place the lure on the hook and run the treble to the rear to get the hook set on those short biters. If it happens to me twice I add one.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Estes is mixed yellow grass table tops, deeper turtle grass, and sand holes. The unweighted lure fished wonderfully covering it all.
A stinger hook on the shallow yellow grass would be a pain.

My buddy Whit is taking a group from Lewisville/Dallas next week. He tried to make our trip, but couldn't get more vacation.
I've texted him about 2 pages about TSL grasswalkers, and I think he's going to grab some at Tackle Town (aka Larry's).
I think his favorite lure is Wildeye Shad, but they're a chore to fish shallow, especially compared to TSL.

No other lure stays in the zone on a slow retrieve, and nothing acts more like bait.
With my fly rod and a slime line, can suspend a fly in the zone with no problem, but can't do the side-to-side dog-walk.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Dang, how old is that pic of Whit?
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

exactly 10 years
that's my dad's boat, and that 2-stroke is still working
this one is 6 years
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

10 years ago was when I first met Whit down at JerryB's. Don't remember him looking so....um, youthful.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

he and I go back about 10 years before that - are you fishing with him next week?
and I double-checked the first photo date - it was 11 years ago.
Lou, who's 72, was observing that everybody gets younger and healthier when they're fishing, so maybe Whit has an aura when holding a redfish.

We had the big 3-br in Palm Harbor for 5 days around my dad's 78th birthday.
He's 89 and we're going to Arroyo next month.
He shuttled our kayaks across Aransas Bay to fish Fence and Allyn's lakes - sight-fished big trout

Whit would have joined us last week, but he couldn't get a vacation day to travel last Friday
Last edited by Ron Mc on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

No, don't have the time to take off. This was the time of our annual Rockport trip, but my family lost our cabin in Harvey and it's still being rebuilt. Next year we'll be able to get back to our regularly scheduled program.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

sorry we got the thread sidetracked, when we should have been talking about Tobin's great lure.
When I wrote my Estes flats photo essay, there was too much to talk about to include the experience of this one fish, but it was a hoot, and an illustration of the aggression and persistence fish attack this lure with.
I don't know if it was one fish or a pod, but my cast took a solid eat as soon as it hit the water. On the set attempt, my line went slack again, and I continued my dog-walking presentation. Right up by the boat, this big head came out of the water, pushing the lure in front of him with a miss - this time I stopped my retrieve dead, and the big head turned, lunged and broached again with a solid eat - both lure and fish were already closer than the bow of my drifting boat. In fact, the final eat was 3 feet in front of my dangling legs. Of course, by then, he knew all about me.

After the hook set, the fish easily took 50 yards in a straight run against my steadily increasing drag set. The distance he ran out gave me a lot of time to get my boat prepared for his return - pick up drift sock, pick up rudder, trolley to center so no loose line - make sure everything was clear for the guaranteed 2 trips around the boat. It was a good tiring 10-minute fight, and I had to pump to get him back to the boat.
When I staked out a few minutes later at sandy point, shot the measurement photo against my boat paint marks - 25"

About birthday suit, it looks more like a mullet than any other lure, and of course acts more like one, so it will take fish that inspect it closely before the eat.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

No worries on the Derail. LOL.

I designed it for the finicky fish.. Fall and also winter. Redfish don't know its not mullet. I even had a pelican dive on mine while I was looking the other way. Terns will not let it be either... but mostly the fish will eat it if you're throwing it around keepers. Small trout have trouble with it, but who wants to catch a dink anyway.