Surfside beach report Sept 19-21

Volkswatson

Surfside beach report Sept 19-21

Post by Volkswatson »

Here are the notes I put in my fishing log:

Sept 19th:
In the evening 5pm, got a bucket of live shrimp with surf hook & fished under popping cork in the surf just past last bar. Caught lots of ladyfish. Water was surprisingly clear, waves near flat. Outgoing tide. Also caught one dink redfish.

Sept 20-21 2018:
Fished in evening 5-7 pm on outgoing tide. Water was sandy/semiclear. Caught mullet in the surf with net. Caught a slot redfish and several keeper trout on a 5 oz spider weight at bottom, & 2 surf hooks above it about a foot apart. Caught in 2nd gut. Waves were 1-2ft on 20th and 2-3ft the 21st

Dunno if anyone cares about this info, but I’ve decided to log all my catches so I can remember the conditions and what worked and what didn’t.
OrangeQuest
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Surfside beach report Sept 19-21

Post by OrangeQuest »

Going to San Luis Pass on Monday Sept 24th. Will be in a green motorized canoe. Targeting reds.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Volkswatson wrote:Here are the notes I put in my fishing log:

Sept 19th:
In the evening 5pm, got a bucket of live shrimp with surf hook & fished under popping cork in the surf just past last bar. Caught lots of ladyfish. Water was surprisingly clear, waves near flat. Outgoing tide. Also caught one dink redfish.

Sept 20-21 2018:
Fished in evening 5-7 pm on outgoing tide. Water was sandy/semiclear. Caught mullet in the surf with net. Caught a slot redfish and several keeper trout on a 5 oz spider weight at bottom, & 2 surf hooks above it about a foot apart. Caught in 2nd gut. Waves were 1-2ft on 20th and 2-3ft the 21st

Dunno if anyone cares about this info, but I’ve decided to log all my catches so I can remember the conditions and what worked and what didn’t.
Hey it's all appreciated info. Thanks for sharing. Did you have any storms drop on you?
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Logs are great. I kept one from 2010 until earlier this year. I might start again. No way can I remember what happen when without the log. Help to pick out patterns in where the fish might be.