Mirrodine Size Recommendations

texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Mirrodine Size Recommendations

Post by texnomad »

The day is coming fast. I am finally leaving north Alabama after 4.5 months of grandpa ing and heading back to the Texas coast at Rockport after Labor Day weekend for the rest of the year. My next effort at having fun is planned to use Mirrodine lures at the PA and Packery Jetties. The colors of my preference have been chosen but the part I am puzzled about is which of the five sizes will be the best for working the jetties. Any wisdom on choosing the size mirrodine for which conditions that you would put forth would be appreciated. Never forget that there is no good place to fall down at the jetties.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Mirrodine Size Recommendations

Post by kickingback »

Unfortunately, you will not know the correct size until you see the bait fish when you go. Match the hatch is not just a saying but a fact. I would buy two or three different size lures to test to make sure. Always best to be prepared for any given situation and bait size.
Bayou Burner

Post by Bayou Burner »

I would use an XL- If no bites, step down to the regular size. Catch 5 is a good one too that you never hear many people utilize.
topwater trout

Post by topwater trout »

Match the hatch