Sabine pass vs bolivar

bloozeharp

Sabine pass vs bolivar

Post by bloozeharp »

Planning a 2 week yak fishing trip during aug. Thinking of focusing on bolivar (which I am fairly well acquainted with) or Sabine pass area (which I know nothing about). Main drawback to bolivar is lack of motels. Sabine has some reasonable priced ones. Just curious if Sabine is as productive as the bolivar area?
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Sabine pass vs bolivar

Post by Piscator »

Sabine area has been strange last couple of months. Not a lot of fish catching. The water in the ship channel was clear yesterday, finally.

Besides Sabine Pass there is also Bessie Heights Marsh (across the Neches River from Port Neches), McFaddin Refuge, Keith Lake and its marshes.

We have had way too much freshwater this year, however, with the lack of rain lately, things are getting back to normal. My favorite redfish spot is up the Neches near Beaumont. You have a lot options in the area.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

What are you planning to focus on.. inshore or beach. From your post it sounds more like beach. I'm sure there are reds back in the keithlake marsh.. probably a better seasonal play than fishing the boliver marsh.. both beach fronts should be similar. So it just depends on what type of fishing you want to do.
Tx_Reds

Post by Tx_Reds »

Blooze,

I enjoy fishing keith lake alot, theres a launch strictly for kayaks on the left side. send me a message and we can go fish it if im off. I like it because i can either go far or stay close and very very minimal boat traffic because of oyster beds on left side