Freeport / Surfside Motel / Hotel

boikie

Freeport / Surfside Motel / Hotel

Post by boikie »

Planning a trip to the freeport / surfside area... can anyone recommend a hotel / motel that is kayak friendly / safe (as you can be) for leaving kayak on truck overnight?

Boikie
mwatson71

Re: Freeport / Surfside Motel / Hotel

Post by mwatson71 »

I would look on VRBO and rent a house.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Ya I saw a real nice one on VBRO at mini drum bay (left side of drum bay) awhile back. It backed up to the bay and has a pier you can light up at night and fish at night all to yourself. Super close to the boat launch, super easy launch into the water. Would be a great place imo to go and kayak from as a base camp. 1 block from the beach too if you wanted to go swimming.

Buy a bicycle lock and chain up your kayak through the scupper holes and that makes stealing it fairly difficult if you are leaving it outside. Sure it won't stop a determined thief, but would probably ward off most dishonest folks from just grabbing it.
Ciguatera

Post by Ciguatera »

I know this isn't exactly what you're asking, but I've stayed at the Super 8 and had them put me in a first level room on the backside and just pulled the car into the spot right in front of the door and took the kayaks into the room for the night. A bit more work, but the room was pretty cheap and I knew the kayaks were secure this way.
reelfisherman

Post by reelfisherman »

^^^^^^I've done this in the past as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
boikie

Post by boikie »

Thanks for replies... the first floor room in a motel 6 style place would be the way to go..thanks guys