SLP 7/14 AM

fishingdrone

SLP 7/14 AM

Post by fishingdrone »

Hey guys, finally getting back on the water after a long hiatus.

I'll be fishing the flats on SLP Saturday morning, taking advantage of the big tide movement and dropping pressure in the AM to find some specs. If you see a tan T160i, say hi!
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: SLP 7/14 AM

Post by Yaklash »

I wish. I have 8:00 am, 10:00 am and 11:00 am-4:00 pm obligations that day. Hoping Sunday will pan out for me.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Good luck fishing that magical tide-heavy spot! But beware that strong tides can knock you down over there in shin-deep water. It happened to me & a buddy wadefishing those flats when we were younger & less wise. We struggled to our feet & goose-stepped slowly back to dry beach. Lesson learned.
Even kayaks are at risk if you get broadside to that tide current. Sorry to be so cautionary, but I think more fishermen perish there than any other Texas spot.
Good news is the awesome fishing when that SLP surf is active w/ baitfish. Pray for trout-green water & languid waves. Fish w/ partners. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chanvithai

Post by chanvithai »

Sunday probably will be a better day for us. Took a few days off this week; we were out on Wednesday/Thursday and they were biting on green and purple.

Kept these

This guy went back:

The tides were strong, but the winds were in our favor.

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

:clap: Well done!
fishingdrone

Post by fishingdrone »

Was perfect weather, green water and light winds. Picked up two specs each about 18 inches, both caught on the deep transitions with chartreuse gulps.

Saw a bunch of other kayakers out there, seemed most people were on fish.
chanvithai

Post by chanvithai »

Met a few kayakers as well. Once the wind picked up, we couldn’t get anything else. There were flounders but they were undersized. Lost a few because we were targeting trouts, so difficult to adjust the timing. We ended up with a few trouts and a nice red (gave away to Don, new kayaking friends)

This trout emptied her stomach but couldn’t get away.

The small flounders between the trouts. Hopefully these will be at the right size in a few months! Can’t wait for December! It was too hot and humid today!

dead wait

Post by dead wait »

Four of us fished access number 5 across from Amigo ln. saturday morning. In the water at 5:30 and out by 10. Only managed two dink trout. Water was off colored and waves were terrible. We threw nothing but arti's. I noticed some guys throwing live shrimp next to us, they limited out on hard heads and finally gave up. We hit Swan lake at about 10:30 and I managed one 16 1/2 red.
Long story short, I think we were a victim of, Should have been here Yesterday.