Fish Habitat in Nueces Bay

dead wait

Fish Habitat in Nueces Bay

Post by dead wait »

I’m considering a trip in August down to Corpus. I’ve never fished anywhere down there but I’d like to try Nueces Bay. I was told to give the fish habitat a try. Great kayaking and good fishing. Can anyone tell me how to get there once I get to Portland. I have family in Portland so I might stay with them once I’m there. Road names, streets.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Fish Habitat in Nueces Bay

Post by Neumie »

head on 35/181 south to Corpus Christi from Portland and take the very first exit after you pass the America's Best Inn. The parking lot is to the right right as you exit.
dead wait

Post by dead wait »

So, it’s just off 35/181? Neumie, do you fish this area? And would you be interested in going if I give you a shout when I know for sure that I’m going.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Here's the coordinates for the parking area: 27.858220, -97.352429

I've never fished there, it's a fairly new structure created around 2010. Most of the water around all the islands is 4-6 feet deep. The island inside the larger opening is a bit shallower.

You can shoot me a PM and I'll see about swinging down.
dead wait

Post by dead wait »

Thanks for all your help Neumie.
Texas Hooter

Post by Texas Hooter »

I fish there and like the convience of The boat ramp and parking right there. I have caught some nice specs there. A drift anchor is a must.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

There is tons of oyster reefs in nueces bay. Both shallow scattered oyster and Oyster reef, like Neumie said, up to 6 feet deep. Fish all around that stuff. That's all fish habitat.

want to learn a lot more of fish habitat and habits... a lot faster and learn how to weed out water where there are no fish.. That's what TroutSupport.com is all about.. here to help.
t