Mirrorlure Trout Master Series 55

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Mirrorlure Trout Master Series 55

Post by kickingback »

Mirrorlure is selling these with limited quantities. Wanted to pass it along to anyone that may be interested.

"A Seventy Year Tribute to Our Founder, Harold LeMaster "

https://www.shopmirrolure.com/

anzuelo

Re: Mirrorlure Trout Master Series 55

Post by anzuelo »

Seems kinda pricey unless you want to save them as a collectible.

Academy, Walmart and various tackle shops generally have Mirrolures at five bucks less each than this offer.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

anzuelo wrote:Seems kinda pricey unless you want to save them as a collectible.

Academy, Walmart and various tackle shops generally have Mirrolures at five bucks less each than this offer.
Pretty sure these are for collecting given the vintage box, limited quantities and all
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Neumie wrote:
anzuelo wrote:Seems kinda pricey unless you want to save them as a collectible.

Pretty sure these are for collecting given the vintage box, limited quantities and all
:clap: Some people do not collect and do not know how valuable they can be in the future. Limited edition lures in a limited addition box. Sells or stores well as collectible.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Seems to me to have original versions of those old lures might be of value, but this seems a bit gimmicky to me
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Nice. Yes, looks like they are for the collector. I wonder when this series was originally produced?
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

I'm not sure when the designs came out but am thinking these were the original versions LeMaster designed. I don't think you can find all these colors without this offer. I have seen the white/red but not the others. But it comes in a commemorative box which makes it worth more.
I collect a few good lures and the price depends on availability. This being a limited edition with only 2500 made for sale will be a good collection to have for later. It can sell for up to double the amount even after they are sold out. You get the stragglers that missed the sale and just have to buy them and you get the "finder" at a later date that has to include them in his set. Win either way for all the way I see it. I have bought and sold some older lures and I have made double my money by researching lures people sell as "unknown" for pennies on the dollar for what it's worth.
I understand that collecting lures is not for everyone. some people collect many different items for what they like to collect. Some expect to be paid back later when they sell. Some just want to look longingly at them. I enjoy both.