Flying blood suckers, Rockport

Tombo

Flying blood suckers, Rockport

Post by Tombo »

Since one of my letters on the keyboard won't work, had to call them something else.
Point is there is still a lot of standing water around Rockport creating perfect nesting grounds for blood suckers. They are very aggressive, big, and plentiful. This should continue on for some time.
I had these little buggers in my Jeep inside my garage!
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Flying blood suckers, Rockport

Post by karstopo »

Good news is that mosquitoes don’t live near as long in hot weather as they do in more fall like weather. So the current outbreak ought to subside before too long. There pretty ferocious here up the coast the last couple of days. I’m thinking things will improve by the weekend if the rains hold off.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

I told my nephew the other day that the B-29 mosquitoes would be here Monday. I was wrong. These are 747 mosquitoes! At least, because of their size, they're pretty slow, and I can feel them when they land on me, and can swat them. Mosquitoes are attracted to black objects. Our poor little black dog looks like a beehive when we walk him.
Here on the coast, it's not as hot, but we usually have a breeze, which helps if you stay in the wind. Aransas County claims to be spraying, but we'll probably never see the spray truck. You can go to the County Transfer Station and get larvacide donuts for standing water, but they'll only give you 5 or 10. Not worth the drive.
I'm flying to Cleveland Thursday and going Walleye fishing. TexasJim
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I don't know that there's ever been a time when I've been at the coast and NOT been chewed on. They are ever present in saltmarsh. But I do share your disdain for them.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

There are TONS of them in Port Lavaca area right now. holy crap I've never seen so many mosquitos.

I apply Off like cologne in the morning when I go into work it's so bad haha.

I was driving home yesterday after the sun went down... It literally sounded like it was raining as I drove through a fog of mosquitos between turtle bay back to Port L.

Can't wait to get back to Houston where there are... probably just as many lol.